Anyone know anything about this old Aria Pro II?

bluesnapper

• Members

Thanks soundcreation... you're probably right. It's not a bad guitar, but probably not MIJ quality. I picked it up really cheaply in a pawn shop a long time ago - just recently cleaned it up a bit. The Floyd Rose is in pretty good shape for such an old cheapie. Stock pickups aren't bad either. I'm certainly not going to kill it with fire!

• Members

Played many Aria's back in the 80's.....never could see what the hype was....to me they were MEH at best, even less so now.

In other words...I would not give you a bag of wet dog-{censored} for one.

Most of the ones that made it to N. America were decent starter guitars maybe to low/mid range. But many of the models that were direct copies of strats, tele's, Les Pauls etc...that never made it overseas...were very nice mid range guitars. I have an Aria strat with a 2 piece alder body and a maple neck that feels so nice it would embarrass your average factory USA fender. Pickups and electronics were weak though.

• Members

Thanks soundcreation... you're probably right. It's not a bad guitar, but probably not MIJ quality. I picked it up really cheaply in a pawn shop a long time ago - just recently cleaned it up a bit. The Floyd Rose is in pretty good shape for such an old cheapie. Stock pickups aren't bad either. I'm certainly not going to kill it with fire!

Looks nice to me! rock that thing!

• Members

It's not the best guitar in the world - I used to use it as back-up when I only had one electric - for the past couple of years it's been sitting around gathering dust at my drummer's rehearsal space. Definitely not worth throwing it out though - sounds good and plays quite well too. Might try and loan/sell it to a student or set it up for slide.

Or I could always smash it in a fit of rage next time my set gets cut short...

• Members

I have an Aria strat with a 2 piece alder body and a maple neck that feels so nice it would embarrass your average factory USA fender. Pickups and electronics were weak though.

Well...hard to embarass anything when it has "weak" pickups and electronics?

I recall they sucked ass hard.

• Members

Well...hard to embarass anything when it has "weak" pickups and electronics?

I recall they sucked ass hard.

yeah..but that's not what I said, now was it? Maybe try addressing the point I made about the neck feeling better..not creating your own strawman to rip apart.

Anyway..whatever dude...you don't like them...fine. Good for you. We get it.

• Members

When I lived in Dallas, Charley's Guitars got several in around that time period.. 87 -89 or so. Most of them were pretty good-playing guitars and I owned a carved top Jackson Soloist at the time. I recall that they were pretty heavy but I thought the pickups sounded pretty decent... Dimarzio Super Distortion/PAF knockoffs or possibly even real Dimarzios.

Flash forward ~20 years. My oldest daughter wanted to switch from bass to guitar and I found this Aria Pro II at a local shop that a family member works at. It's a bit heavy, but not terribly so. Pretty sure it's plywood though I've never had the neck off of the body. Humbucker seems pretty hot. Single coils are VERY unexceptional though I am a single coil snob. A little setup tweakage... a little work with a file on the fret ends... seems like a very very good starter guitar to me. I've owned probably 15 Japanese guitars and probably 15 Korean guitars and I'd say this feels more like a typical Japanese instrument than Korean. Mine is 1986-1987 after the fire and was definitely made in Korea.

DSC_5087a1.jpg

• Members

yeah..but that's not what I said, now was it? Maybe try addressing the point I made about the neck feeling better..not creating your own strawman to rip apart.

Anyway..whatever dude...you don't like them...fine. Good for you. We get it.

Sorry, dood......my bad.:wave:

• Members

I think that guitars like that actually breed and reproduce in American pawn shops.

Seriously is it even possible to walk into a pawn shop anywhere in Amerca and NOT find at least one of that exact guitar hanging on the wall somewhere?

Maybe... but I don't live in America! :cop:;)

Pawn shops in the UK have really gone downhill since the advent of eBay - all their guitars are really cheap and nasty MIC crap - they sell everything good they get in online.

• Members

More undignified blubbering.

Is that the best you can do? You go out of your way to find a post of mine to respond to and that's the best you can come up with?

How boring.

Nice to know you're still obsessed with me. I'd almost forgotten you were even around.

Try a little harder next time. Make it at least a LITTLE more of a challenge for me.

• Members

Is that the best you can do? You go out of your way to find a post of mine to respond to and that's the best you can come up with?

How boring.

Nice to know you're still obsessed with me. I'd almost forgotten you were even around.

Try a little harder next time. Make it at least a LITTLE more of a challenge for me.

I am disappoint. I was hoping for one of your epic, profanity-laced, incoherent rants. Only one out of three there. :(

Archived