WHY DO YOU PLAY

gardo

• Members

Yep an expression kind of thing along with the 'When you play the Blues you lose the Blues. Playing music also excercises parts of the brain that makes me feel good. Oh yeah, it's also a discipline like math. I also told myself I would play all my life so even if I'm not in the mood I live up to the commitment. That was 47 years ago....a man of my word huh LOl love.gif

• Members

I started when I was in law school and was starved for some sort of creative outlet. It worked perfectly an I really believe that I wouldn't have made it through school without it. After that playing just became a big part of my life. I love it and some of the best moments of my day are when I'm playing (whether for a minute or a few hours or anywhere in between).

• Members

It makes me feel good. It started out as some sort of project to grow as a person, have a hobby, attract women etc., but now I just like how I sound and the whole feeling of brain-hands-guitar in action. I think it exercises a part of my brain I don't use enough because I always feel great after playing, especially if I've learned a new song.

• Members

i think expression is too often used as the reason for art, but i don't think there is a better way to say it.

i don't make music to express my feelings to other people. i make music to release my inward feelings to please myself. for me, this works, and for others it is most likely different. but to each his own. it doesn't really matter, so long as it is happening. that is the most important thing, IMHO.

Archived