Sam Ash blowing out Gibby 70's tributes

Into Nation

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Amputation

View Post

Any chance of black SG or Burst LP? Can someone PM me if so?

Sent you a PM,the fat bitches that do payroll {censored}ed our whole companies pay up and sent it in late so our pay won't be deposited until Mondaymad.gif My price match ends Sunday evening so if you want it let me knowmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif Going to try and see if they will send me a new 1mad.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by esphil

View Post

Do the humbuckers mostly produce classic rock tones? I play heavier rock so I don't know if this will be able to get enough gain. I have 2 pricematched at 505 shipped at music123 and 1 for 620 and zzsounds.

These things have an very wide range. Jazz cleans to ROAARRRRRRRR. It is a balanced vintage sounding range with a little sparkle up top. It

• Members

Did anyone in this thread get one of the SGs yet? Not really sure about the ugly block inlays. I would have been happier with trapezoids or even plain jane dot inlays. The block inlays look cheap and look like they are made out of corian from the pics online. Anyone ever try staining inlays? I would think a dark ebony stain to make them fade into the neck a bit might help.

• Members

I played one of the SG's about two months ago. Fell absolutely in LOVE with the thing. Couldn't afford it at the price but have been gassing for one ever since. On sunday i stopped at a local GC and played another one and was very much underwhelmed. The fretboard was extremely dry and pale looking and frets were not dressed that well. I'm now gassing for the Goldtop Lp though...facepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

Did anyone in this thread get one of the SGs yet? Not really sure about the ugly block inlays. I would have been happier with trapezoids or even plain jane dot inlays. The block inlays look cheap and look like they are made out of corian from the pics online. Anyone ever try staining inlays? I would think a dark ebony stain to make them fade into the neck a bit might help.

JUst got mine- inlays are pearloid, look fine- plays great- fretboard is WAY better then the firebird I got at first- fret ends are just the slightest bit less smooth than the firebird but thats an easy fix- pretty happy.

• Members

post macro pics please of the inlays.

Quote Originally Posted by ajympt

View Post

JUst got mine- inlays are pearloid, look fine- plays great- fretboard is WAY better then the firebird I got at first- fret ends are just the slightest bit less smooth than the firebird but thats an easy fix- pretty happy.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

Also can soapbar p-90s be substituted for the mini humbuckers as a drop in replacement? Looks like the same route dimension wise.

Yes they can from what I am being told. I am actually debating on swapping the cream P-90's from my 60's tribute into the Vintage Burst 70's tribute and then putting the Mini's in my black 60's and adding black plastics...this pic made me think of thislove.gif Not mine & it's a VB 60's tribute.

60trib-4.jpg

Archived