NGD! Grace Potter Flying V is finally here!

guitarman3001

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man, the more I play this guitar the more I'm liking it. My main guitars since I can remember have been LPs but this one feels and plays really nice. It doesn't hang awkwardly like my Jackson V which is sitting in a closet because I never play it, primarily because it's uncomfortable as hell and is basically a shredder guitar, but this one is just awesome. Yeah, I know, honeymoon phase, but I'm not really like that with guitars. I usually know within minutes if I will bond with a guitar or not. The guitars I've bought and ended up sending back were all sent back within a day of getting them because I could tell right away they didn't work for me. This one has felt very natural though.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba View Post
I had no idea what Grace Potter looked like- I had read
about her being a lesbian, and had a mental image she
would look like rosie O'Donnell.
just goes to show, preconceptions can be a problem.

Two of the sexiest women i know are a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarman3001 View Post
man.....the things I would do.........
guitarwoman???

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Doctor49 View Post

guitarwoman???
Would definitely marry. I wonder if my girlfriend would be ok with that!

BTW, gigged it last night. Amazing. This thing is special. Everyone kept going on and on about how great it looked and sounded. Only thing I need to figure out is how to keep the tips of the wings or whatever they're called safe. Obviously, they stick out and have a tendency to keep bumping into things.

• Members

It's touchy with a V or any guitar with protrusions like that (i.e. Explorers, Razorback, etc.). I'm always afraid of that too. I'm glad you've had such success with the guitar. I feel better about it now. I think I may have to get on that asap. I hope they're still around come January when I have $$$ again...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 3 Headed Moses View Post
It's touchy with a V or any guitar with protrusions like that (i.e. Explorers, Razorback, etc.). I'm always afraid of that too. I'm glad you've had such success with the guitar. I feel better about it now. I think I may have to get on that asap. I hope they're still around come January when I have $$$ again...
From the info I was given, they are supposed to do another run which should be hitting stores some time in January.

I don't suppose there's any kind of a coating or material that can be put on those points to keep them safe is there?

• Members

That is the hottest V Ive seen in a long time. Something about it just really pops. Is it the binding? Anyway HNGD and thanks for introducing me to Grace Potter and her band. What a sexy woman. love.gif
Intersting, in this vid she says she uses Dimarzio 36th Ann. Pafs in her V. Wonder why the retail version doesnt? Maybe Gibson didn't want to deal with Dimarzio or something. idn_smilie.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba View Post
Glad you finally got it- its a beautiful guitar.

I had no idea what Grace Potter looked like- I had read
about her being a lesbian, and had a mental image she
would look like rosie O'Donnell.
Grace was on Live at Daryl's House awhile back and introduced her drummer as her boyfriend.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by deanmass View Post
I have thought that ipad screen protector film, cut to fit, might work.
Yeah, I was thinking maybe something like that or some kind of material that shrinks to shape when heated or something along those lines.

What I found out was that every time I kneel down to adjust one of my pedals, the tip of the bottom wing tends to hit the floor. Fortunately the first time it happened was on a fairly soft wood floor so it didn't leave a mark or anything but had it been a hard concrete floor.... At least I learned quickly and with no damage.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarman3001 View Post
Would definitely marry. I wonder if my girlfriend would be ok with that!

BTW, gigged it last night. Amazing. This thing is special. Everyone kept going on and on about how great it looked and sounded. Only thing I need to figure out is how to keep the tips of the wings or whatever they're called safe. Obviously, they stick out and have a tendency to keep bumping into things.
Time will solve that problem, one way or t'other.

wink.gif

Congrats!

(o)(o)

Archived