NGD: Amazon Schecter Corsair with Bigsby Gloss Walnut...

Chad

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Chad

View Post

ha! I noticed Amazon is down to just one Pete Dee remaining in stock. Somebody has been buying those things lately. From the sounds of it, they may end up bummed out.

Thank goodness...I'm waiting til they're sold out and off the market before I think about unloading it. In any case, it does have some cool features, I just couldn't bond with the p'ups and the feel.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Chad

View Post

ha! I noticed Amazon is down to just one Pete Dee remaining in stock. Somebody has been buying those things lately. From the sounds of it, they may end up bummed out.

Thank goodness...I'm waiting til they're sold out and off the market before I think about unloading it. In any case, it does have some cool features, I just couldn't bond with the p'ups and the feel.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
More info:

--Intonation was way off. Every saddle needed to be moved a good amount towards the neck.

--Bridge pickup measures 8.7. Neck pickup measures 7.6. This was measured at the output jack with all pots set to "10". I know it's best to measure the pickups completely out of the circuit, but this gets close.

--Factory installed strings are 10-46 gauge.

--Nut height seems rather high. Probably gonna bring the slots down some.
There wasn't enough neck relief on mine

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
More info:

--Intonation was way off. Every saddle needed to be moved a good amount towards the neck.

--Bridge pickup measures 8.7. Neck pickup measures 7.6. This was measured at the output jack with all pots set to "10". I know it's best to measure the pickups completely out of the circuit, but this gets close.

--Factory installed strings are 10-46 gauge.

--Nut height seems rather high. Probably gonna bring the slots down some.
There wasn't enough neck relief on mine

• Members

Went ahead and ordered some Dimarzio EJ Custom pickups with nickel covers. I'm not normally a big fan of Dimarzios, but after some research these seem to fit the bill nicely as far as sound, appearance, fit, price, etc. Another forum member mentioned that these pickups worked nicely in their Corsair.

After closely measuring, it appears the stock bridge pickup is Duncan trem-spaced (52.6mm) & the neck is standard Duncan spacing (49mm). For the Dimarzios, I opted for an f-spaced bridge (51mm) & standard neck (48mm). Seems those will fit nicely.

I bought them from Guitar Center online. They currently have $15 off a $75 purchase. The nickel covered versions like I bought are $79.95 each. I did two separate orders to get the coupon applied to each pickup, so they ended up $64.95 each. About 20% off. Not bad. Plus, MrRebates has 6% for Guitar Center.

• Members

Went ahead and ordered some Dimarzio EJ Custom pickups with nickel covers. I'm not normally a big fan of Dimarzios, but after some research these seem to fit the bill nicely as far as sound, appearance, fit, price, etc. Another forum member mentioned that these pickups worked nicely in their Corsair.

After closely measuring, it appears the stock bridge pickup is Duncan trem-spaced (52.6mm) & the neck is standard Duncan spacing (49mm). For the Dimarzios, I opted for an f-spaced bridge (51mm) & standard neck (48mm). Seems those will fit nicely.

I bought them from Guitar Center online. They currently have $15 off a $75 purchase. The nickel covered versions like I bought are $79.95 each. I did two separate orders to get the coupon applied to each pickup, so they ended up $64.95 each. About 20% off. Not bad. Plus, MrRebates has 6% for Guitar Center.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74 View Post
Wait, did I miss a big sale on these?

If so, how much were they going for?
They were at $442 for awhile on Amazon. Then late one night there was an additional 15% off for maybe an hour or so. I bought during that time and got this one for $375.

• Members

They were at $442 for awhile on Amazon. Then late one night there was an additional 15% off for maybe an hour or so. I bought during that time and got this one for $375.

• Members

I've got a $390.73 PM for a Walnut Bigbsy that's still good. They are out of stock, but might be worth the wait.

I have another for $453.29 for a Gloss Black w/ Bigsby

• Members

I've got a $390.73 PM for a Walnut Bigbsy that's still good. They are out of stock, but might be worth the wait.

I have another for $453.29 for a Gloss Black w/ Bigsby

• Members

^It shipped from Illinois. I did a truss rod adjustment two or three days ago and it has remained stable. I also dropped the action a hair on the treble side. Neither of those account for how out of whack the intonation was. I've owned a lot of guitars and don't think I've ever seen the intonation off that bad. They must have simply forgot to set it.

• Members

^It shipped from Illinois. I did a truss rod adjustment two or three days ago and it has remained stable. I also dropped the action a hair on the treble side. Neither of those account for how out of whack the intonation was. I've owned a lot of guitars and don't think I've ever seen the intonation off that bad. They must have simply forgot to set it.

• Members

Too late now perhaps but I think too many guys overlook setting the pickup height and screw heights when they get a new guitar. Put all attention on action and intonation (which is important of course), but then don't spend any time on pickups, other to decide to replace them. Then perhaps (haha) they put the time in on the replacements height and all, and lo and behold, it now sounds good.
Putting the time in on the stocks can yield big results. after all, it is the pickup that sends the sound down the pipe...

Archived