NGD downsizing continues Gibson Dethklok Thunderhorse!

craigny

• Members

Well even though this is a NGD the end result is that im decreasing the number of guitars i have. I have done some trading and trading in to whittle myself down...a couple of two for ones and this badboy was gotten on a trade in + cash and im 99% sure im going to unload another guitar to make up some of the difference also...so then il pretty much be at 3 guitars (hey thats a feat for me i was at like almost 9 a little while back)plus a couple of cheapies that pretty much hang on my basement wall that dont get played much. Ive been wanting one of these since they came out and ever since i sold my faded Explorer ive longed for another...after playing it i realized im still an Explorer guy..so here she is this thing is awesome....love the silverburst and binding and the Burstbuckers are pure :rawk:

check it out:

Thunderhorse.jpg

• Members

They are nice guitars. I probably don't play mine as much as I should...

I could never figure out why they used creme binding on these when every other Silverburst Gibson I've seen has white binding. It just looks slightly wrong.

• Members

I love the creme binding actually. The tone was soo nice. I only played it in the store a little today and I'll be away for the weekend so I won't get to really sink my teeth into it till Monday. I had strap locks put on. Honestly is there a better body shape out there??? I think not!

• Members

I could never figure out why they used creme binding on these when every other Silverburst Gibson I've seen has white binding. It just looks slightly wrong.

Yea, that bothers me as well. That and the satin finish made me not get one. Which is a good thing. I have too many gits already, including 3 Explorers.

• Members

I have one of those myself. Bought mine one year ago. I was surprised they still have any left since it was supposed to be a "Limited Edition/Run". I see that Gibson now specs "Richlite" instead of ebony for the fretboard. I suspect that they are now no longer "Limited Run/Edition". That's one of the things that I do find annoying with Gibson. I forget now how many there were going to produce world wide (400 is what I just found googling), but it's not uncommon for them to have a "Limited Edition" unless they decide to make more - :rolleyes:

But that BS aside, those are sweet guitars. I admit I neglect mine because Explorer shapes are not my fave, but I could not resist picking up a silver burst Explorer that came with my favorite Gibson pickups :thu: The Ltd Ed also made it "collectible" but now Gibson has watered down that panache for my investment. :cry:

But enjoy yours. I really thought it was very cool to see them produce an Explorer that came with scatter wound PAF/style p'ups.

Archived