Yamaha SG Gallery

bodezeffas

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As an owner of a top-end Yamaha ES-335 and Strat copies (SA2200 and Pacifica 904), I'd love to 'complete the set' with a vintage SG... like JKater said, the original SG2000 (with the brass sustain block under the bridge) would be the ideal model.

• Members

Some folks asked for some nice pictures of my Yamaha SG guitars. Well here they are:

YAMAHA SG1996 Limited Edition - 3Oth Anniversary - 1996

* Made in Japan prior to 1996 to celebrate Yamaha's 30th anniversary of their SG guitar. This one is a SBG which would make it even more rare. With only 120 made there are only 30 or so that were sent to the west and labeled with the SBG trussrod cover. This one is serial number 079 and it is in absolutely mint condition. Originally purchased in 1996 as an investment. Never gigged and only rarely been played.

Unlike the SG2000 model, this one has a gorgeous two piece flamed top. It also has coil taps and will be supplied with its original leather hard case

This baby is in showroom condition. I have only seen one in my life that looks as nice and it sold for about 3k!!

YamahaSBG1996_Head.jpg

YamahaSBG1996.jpg

YAMAHA SG 2000 - CHERRY SUNBURST - 1984

The ULTIMATE players guitar.

These guitars are ridiculously good and from a players point of view match just about anything I have ever played and shames most.

The SG 2000 was Yamaha Japan

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I've been shopping for a high end Yamaha SG literally for years. The prices are discouraging. Even the reissues are $3K and they are not easy to find. Great guitars!

Strange that you find it pricey with the money you're willing to drop on your gibsons. What's the difference?

• Members

Yeah I remember when that last quilt top SG-2004 model was released in Japan, first saw it on the Dec. 2003 Japan Vintage book back cover, 450,000 yen at the time...came in black too. None made it up here to Sendai, I would have had to go to Tokyo to see any...Yamahas just aren`t very popular in this city...the local Yamaha shop has more Taylors that Yamahas.

• Members

The difference is personal taste I think, some threads can go on for pages trying to answer why people buy what they buy and/or play, I stopped asking a long time ago...I buy what I like without trying to make other people I never met try to understand why. They`re just guitars eh.

• Members

The difference is personal taste I think, some threads can go on for pages trying to answer why people buy what they buy and/or play, I stopped asking a long time ago...I buy what I like without trying to make other people I never met try to understand why. They`re just guitars eh.

that's got nothing to do with his reason though. It was cost. His post implies that the cost of a yamaha is prohibitive..but he really wants one. Which makes no sense given the value of the guitars he does own. If it were personal taste..then he wouldn't like SG's.

• Members

I think I have an excuse for posting my 85' SG200 again!

Yeah just a humble Sg200, but it is still an awesome, Gibson-beating SG!

f_4377682_1.JPG

f_4377683_1.JPG

f_4377684_1.JPG

f_4377685_1.JPG

f_4377686_1.JPG

f_4377707_1.JPG

Again, I have no idea why there's no Yamaha logo on the headstock. Maybe it was built privately by one of the personel? Don't know. But the serial no. and the tuning pegs prove that my axe is a genuine Yamaha. :thu:

• Members

that's got nothing to do with his reason though. It was cost. His post implies that the cost of a yamaha is prohibitive..but he really wants one. Which makes no sense given the value of the guitars he does own. If it were personal taste..then he wouldn't like SG's.

People buy guitars for different reasons, I don`t spend much time thinking about why really, just doesn`t matter to me...doesn`t even have to make sense...it is what it is.

• Members

People buy guitars for different reasons, I don`t spend much time thinking about why really, just doesn`t matter to me...doesn`t even have to make sense...it is what it is.

well I guess you're a better man than I zen....

me...when people say things that don't make sense I want to understand why.

Archived