Yamaha SG Gallery

bodezeffas

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My SA2200 came with a case they called hard...but I called...flexible at best...not very good...I once bought a 335 type Edwards that came in an outstanding hard case, really well made and nice which I now use for the SA and when I sold the Edwards I put it in the Yamaha case.

• Members

Strange that you find it pricey with the money you're willing to drop on your gibsons. What's the difference?

i think we all put a value on brands, maybe Doc is the same. A Gibson always has and probably always will be regarded as a more valuable guitar than a Yamaha. Probably not to the select few who actually seek out and discover just how good the Yammies are. But your question is spot on, if it's what you've always wanted why not buy one when you can happily spend equal or more on a different brand.

• Members

How are you enjoying it? It's just gorgeous...

It is as good as it looks. I bought after a long quest and it is the best solid body electric I could find. The only thing I found that came close was a Gibson LP Custom 1956 VOS, but the Yamaha pipped it. Not sure if it is the best guitar I could find as I also have an SA2200 ;)

I played hundreds of guitars, including a couple of these in different shops in Shinjuku, Tokyo. Then I ordered online back in Europe.

And yes, the case came with the guitar as standard.

• Members

The difference is personal taste I think, some threads can go on for pages trying to answer why people buy what they buy and/or play, I stopped asking a long time ago...I buy what I like without trying to make other people I never met try to understand why. They`re just guitars eh.

i'm going to butt in here for a sec, but i understood exactly what soundcreation was saying, but i'm confused as to what zenbu meant in response to SC. He was simply asking why Doc Jeffery would happily pay 3k for a Gibson but not for a Yamaha if he wanted one really badly. I thought it was a really valid point actually.

• Members

A Gibson always has and probably always will be regarded as a more valuable guitar than a Yamaha. .

This is what I mean...makes sense to some I guess but not to everybody. All square are we now?

• Members

Nice case, too. Did it come with it?

My SA-2200 arrived in a cardboard box.

When I first started taking Yamaha electric guitars seriously, in the mid to late 70s, the guitar always came in the case as part of the deal.

• Members

When I first started taking Yamaha electric guitars seriously, in the mid to late 70s, the guitar always came in the case as part of the deal.

When I bought my SA2200 in 2004, it came in a cardboard double box and very well packed and protected. I then bought the yamaha case that's for it. Now Thomann sell them with case included.

• Members

I have some old ones...an early `70s SG-35 and an LP-400 that came with their original very good hard cases...except the covering is coming unglued in some spots, easily mended though. Don`t know why the SA came with the case it did...the SAS 1500 I have came with a better case. My USA 2 came with a G&G hard case but my 30th anniversary Pacifica came in a gig bag, a nice one mind you...very well padded but not a hard case. In Japan, it`s not that unusual for a real expensive guitars to come with a soft case...not sure why...my Van Zandts did and my Seymour Duncans did too.

• 11 months later...

Archived