NGD! My homemade walnut hollowbody is finished!

Elias Graves

• Members

I got behind posting the build pics, as the new software doesn't play well with my iPad but Great Dane has agreed to post up my pics.

Specs:

Body: 2" thick walnut, 100\% chambered inside.

Top: 1/4" walnut.

Neck: 24.5" scale, walnut with Honduran rosewood board.

Electronics: Duncan SM-3 firebird pickup, split. (The toggle switch is for the yet to be installed bridge pickup)

Finish: White lacquer.

• Members

If you can tell me how to make the photobucket work with an iPad, I'd be in your debt, sir.

Yes, it's a hollowbody with a solid flat top.

Looks like this inside, thought there is a small block under the bridge.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z352/ElijahGardener/E7C84F0A-9D02-4669-B569-A4011021654A-7528-00000B9268E14B80.jpg

• Members

Very nice!

Believe it or not, I appreciate the minimalist approach to guitar design (love my telecaster for that reason, among others).

Where'd you find those very cool knobs? They look like they may have come from an old console radio.

I'm a minimalist for sure. Give me plain and well made any day.

Yes, the knobs are off a 1930s Trutone radio that belonged to Mrs G's grandmother.

• Members

Well done E.G. 

In reference to your earlier build thread,

I would say life begins when you play that first chord and the music begins to flow.

Is it alive yet? If so I would love to hear it.

• Members

Elias Graves wrote:

If you can tell me how to make the photobucket work with an iPad, I'd be in your debt, sir.

I use photobucket on the ipad.  Only to view pics I take with my phone.  I don't know of a way to use it to post a pic in the forum.  Actually, maybe if you use the html editor to post the pics.  That is probably too much of a hassle for me on a device that doesn't have a keyboard.

Anyway. The guitar looks sweet.  I was kind of disappointed when you decided to paint it.  However, the contrast of the wood on the fingerboard and bridge with the white looks classy.   

Any plan for a bridge pickup?

E7C84F0A-9D02-4669-B569-A4011021654A-7528-00000B9268E14B80.jpg

• Members

Elias Graves wrote:

I got behind posting the build pics, as the new software doesn't play well with my iPad but Great Dane has agreed to post up my pics.

Specs:

Body: 2" thick walnut, 100\% chambered inside.

Top: 1/4" walnut.

Neck: 24.5" scale, walnut with Honduran rosewood board.

Electronics: Duncan SM-3 firebird pickup, split. (The toggle switch is for the yet to be installed bridge pickup)

Finish: White lacquer.

looks like fretsy beat me to it - thank you!  

EG, great looking guitar.  i dig the simple and classic look.  the flying V headstock is a nice twist.

• Members

Elias Graves wrote:

pretty cool...needs an F hole or two

I haven't decided on those yet. I'm considering putting at least one in but I haven't got a good design yet.

I think you should cut out the middleman and just put "E" and "G" holes on it. 

Archived