I have the Slash tone, get in this thread and face your jealousy

The Rogue

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Randy G

View Post

Wow someone "discovered" the neck pickup and distortion. Bravo, never been done before.

Oh boy another one of these ignorant idiots who think its all about the neck pickup and adding a bit of distortion on a Marshall. Please go record yourself playing this song with that setup and tell me all about how that muddy sound is anything like mine brah.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Rogue

View Post

Wait I'm a bit drunk so what are you saying brah? Are you saying that I isolated the lead guitar which is actually played by Slash? If so, thanks for the compliment brah

Sounds a bit flat to me brah. Like a drunken flat.

• Members

View Post

Sorry brah the tone is mainly in the hat, not the Slash LP

You mean MY hat is not good for toans brah???

Marc Bolan had that TOAN Hat before Saul..................and he admits to styling from the glamrock king.

But jelly brah? Possible.

Can you do Marc Bolan toans too?

Oh wait

They are the same as Slash toans of course.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by milosch

View Post

Well, since tone is in the fingers, and you nailed the tone, haven't you simply nailed your fingers? Is that the secret to such phantastic playing? Swish.

Well played brah. Tone is not in the fingers, anyone who thinks that is retarded

• Members

View Post

And anyone who does not realize it cannot be serious about his work.

Tone is 97% in your setup (amp, effects, guitar, settings etc.), 1% in the fingers, 2% in the environment you're recording. You cant sound 100% like someone else, but you can get really, really damn close with the exact setup assuming you're capable of playing the notes.

You cant for example sit Slash on a Squier with a Marshall MG30FX and expect him to sound like himself because his fingers are magical. If you think you can, you should quit music now brah!

• Members

View Post

Tone is 97% in your setup (amp, effects, guitar, settings etc.), 1% in the fingers, 2% in the environment you're recording. You cant sound 100% like someone else, but you can get really, really damn close with the exact setup assuming you're capable of playing the notes.

You cant for example sit Slash on a Squier with a Marshall MG30FX and expect him to sound like himself because his fingers are magical. If you think you can, you should quit music now brah!

Larry Carlton sounds like Larry Carlton regardless of whether or not he's playing Mr. 335. Slash could probably play an old Silvertone behind his setup and sound the same because the fingers are magical. Without the fingers and the brains behind them there is no sound.

• Members

View Post

Larry Carlton sounds like Larry Carlton regardless of whether or not he's playing Mr. 335. Slash could probably play an old Silvertone behind his setup and sound the same because the fingers are magical. Without the fingers and the brains behind them there is no sound.

Stop posting, please. Just stop and save yourself the embarrassment brah. Show me a video where Slash is NOT playing a Les Paul or a Marshall and yet still sounds exactly like himself. And I dont mean SOUND GOOD, because if someone is a good player, they will sound good regardless. I mean sound like his studio and live recordings.

• Members

View Post

Stop posting, please. Just stop and save yourself the embarrassment brah. Show me a video where Slash is NOT playing a Les Paul or a Marshall and yet still sounds exactly like himself. And I dont mean SOUND GOOD, because if someone is a good player, they will sound good regardless. I mean sound like his studio and live recordings.

Absolutely not. By the way, all I hear in your recording is diode clipping distortion and average playing. Wow, that's great. So, you don't need a real guitar player - just a bunch of toys? Cool.

• Members

View Post

Absolutely not. By the way, all I hear in your recording is diode clipping distortion and average playing. Wow, that's great. So, you don't need a real guitar player - just a bunch of toys? Cool.

No, you need both, but tone is more important because it will get you closer to the recording. If you're so confident that you're right then where is the recording of yourself or someone else on this forum of the Slash tone which sounds better than mine? Oh wait, there wont ever be one, because you guys are pathetic and have no idea how to get the tones yourself so you criticize others who have worked hard for it.

Average playing? Cool, I've played guitar for one year, I'll get better. Diode clipping distortion? Get your ears checked.

• Members

View Post

No, you need both, but tone is more important because it will get you closer to the recording. If you're so confident that you're right then where is the recording of yourself or someone else on this forum of the Slash tone which sounds better than mine? Oh wait, there wont ever be one, because you guys are pathetic and have no idea how to get the tones yourself so you criticize others who have worked hard for it.

Average playing? Cool, I've played guitar for one year, I'll get better. Diode clipping distortion? Get your ears checked.

Maybe I should get you to check them since you're such a whiz. Then I could hear everything in the background as compressed as you do.

• Members

View Post

Maybe I should get you to check them since you're such a whiz. Then I could hear everything in the background as compressed as you do.

See the thing is no one besides you in this thread has disagreed that I've nailed the Slash tone. Most of them just chose to troll back, but there were no deniers. There is obviously something wrong with you if you dont think this sounds pretty much exactly like Slash's

• Members

View Post

See the thing is no one besides you in this thread has disagreed that I've nailed the Slash tone. Most of them just chose to troll back, but there were no deniers. There is obviously something wrong with you if you dont think this sounds pretty much exactly like Slash's

Silly rabbit, you're supposed to be the troll wink.gif

• Members

View Post

Silly rabbit, you're supposed to be the troll wink.gif

Trolling within reason brah. I'm serious about nailing the tone, but trolling because I'm rubbing it in your faces. It's cool that people on this forum chose to troll back. On every other forum beforehand, people actually got jealous/mad (especially the moderators) and I was banned within 1-2 hours.

Archived