sg owners unite!!

leopardstar

• Members
Originally posted by MadSkillzMan

Anyone here "upgrade" their SG?

I got the bottom end Epiphone SG, but the neck is SOOOOOO thin i wouldnt trade it for the world. I put a graphite nut on

I recently bought a pickguard blank, to make the full faced pickguard.

Am looking into Chrome pickups, new knobs (not sure what kind) and im thinking of drilling it and adding the second volume/tone

AND in other SG news..i got a 1960s KAY sg on my watchlist. I love Kay/Silvertone/Tiesco guitars, hopefully i can score this one

upgraded Epi SG right here:

Epi body
SX neck
Kent Armstrong P 90s
Tone Pro StopTail
Tuneomatic bridge
Grover locking tuners
Schaller strap locks
GHS Boomer 10's
and
homemade 5 ply PG

The SX neck is 1 11/16". don't know if its bigger and thicker than the original Epi, cuz I just got the body not the whole guitar. Feels much bigger than most of my other necks however...

sgfinished0jp.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

speaking for Krashpad, I say let him in--he did show he used to own an Epi SG, plus duly demonstrating the proper use of it, that is, RAWKING OUT W/ IT!!!! That's the only way to fly!!:thu:

Also, i'd forgive the Agile acquisition--no biggie!:D

• Members

ATTENTION!! field genaral leopardstar here*salute* at ease men and guitarlady. looking good. now for todays news, first let me welcome our newest members:
Big Boss Mann
slash81291
Dr. Tweedbucket will be entering with the rank of captian of the mash unit (well he is a doctor)
please remember to add "SG ARMY" to your sig lines. be proud your in the army now.
also we have a special promotion
CAPTIAN AUNSHUI FRONT AND CENTER *SALUTE*
YOU ARE NOW COLONEL AUNSHUI*SALUTE*
this is my last post for about a week (due to family health problems) so it is up to you to fight the good fight and keep this thread alive, by letting new members know how to use thier sig lines and reasuring them thier names will be added to the members list as soon as i get back state side, i'm also counting on leut. guitarkid13 to help give us our daliy *bump* to help with inviting new mebers to join. the rest of you can help where ever it is needed. Godspeed to you all *salute* carry on:freak: :freak:

• Members

Anyone here "upgrade" their SG?

I got the bottom end Epiphone SG, but the neck is SOOOOOO thin i wouldnt trade it for the world. I put a graphite nut on

I recently bought a pickguard blank, to make the full faced pickguard.

Am looking into Chrome pickups, new knobs (not sure what kind) and im thinking of drilling it and adding the second volume/tone

AND in other SG news..i got a 1960s KAY sg on my watchlist. I love Kay/Silvertone/Tiesco guitars, hopefully i can score this one

Look at my Epi SG Custom thread thingie in my sig.

• Members
Originally posted by leopardstar

ATTENTION!! field genaral leopardstar here*salute* at ease men and guitarlady. looking good. now for todays news, first let me welcome our newest members:

Big Boss Mann

slash81291

Dr. Tweedbucket will be entering with the rank of captian of the mash unit (well he is a doctor)

please remember to add "SG ARMY" to your sig lines. be proud your in the army now.

also we have a special promotion

CAPTIAN AUNSHUI FRONT AND CENTER *SALUTE*

YOU ARE NOW COLONEL AUNSHUI*SALUTE*

this is my last post for about a week (due to family health problems) so it is up to you to fight the good fight and keep this thread alive, by letting new members know how to use thier sig lines and reasuring them thier names will be added to the members list as soon as i get back state side, i'm also counting on leut. guitarkid13 to help give us our daliy *bump* to help with inviting new mebers to join. the rest of you can help where ever it is needed. Godspeed to you all *salute* carry on:freak:
:freak:

I'm honored, sir!

*salutes*

• Members
Originally posted by droge

The Hard Rock hotel in 'Vegas!!!
:D

Have you ever been there? I've been to the one in orlando, which features some cool exhibits and a kick ass pool, a very awesome place to stay!

• Members

Hell yea thats yours? ive seen it around pleanty here

Where did you get the whammy setup? And rolling bridge? thats nice!

The pickups, and bigsby came from Musicians Friend, Roller Bridge from eBay, the pots and nut from a local music shop

• Members
Originally posted by Blood

I'm thinkin bout puttin 'bucker sized p-90s in my gibson sg faded. Anyone have any experience with this?

That'd basically make it into an SG Classic, which plenty of folks here have and love.

I couldn't afford one so I got this cheapie import for $99:

Valerie.jpg

It's a great guitar, so your US-made Gibby should be even moreso.

:thu:

BK

• Members
Originally posted by Big Boss Man

In. I got my '61 Reissue back in '91. Played it almost exclusively for over 10 years. Quite possibly the best guitar ever made.

61ReissueSG1.jpg

Way COOL Guitar!!

I really like that Carr amp! Hows the overdrive on that one?:thu:

I own an SG, but only in my dreams. Does that count?:(

Archived