sg owners unite!!

leopardstar

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was watching "Attack of the Show" on G4 the other night and saw a reference to the "SG Army". Here they are on the web: SG Army ;)

I took a couple "specialty" pics for some folks on another site. I suppose they are still relevant to this thread. Maybe even more so...

classicgng01.jpg

and...
supremegng05.jpg

Sadly, the Special Faded didn't make these pics but the SGs weren't really the point at the time. Hope that I don't upset someone's delicate sensibilities or anything. :D

-Ron

• Members
Originally posted by Ponec

I was watching "Attack of the Show" on G4 the other night and saw a reference to the "SG Army". Here they are on the web:
SG Army
;)

I took a couple "specialty" pics for some folks on another site. I suppose they are still relevant to this thread. Maybe even more so...

classicgng01.jpg

and...

supremegng05.jpg

Sadly, the Special Faded didn't make these pics but the SGs weren't really the point at the time. Hope that I don't upset someone's delicate sensibilities or anything.
:D

-Ron

Beautiful collection,and I thought mine was nice.
I gotta' get a hold of a .50 cal.
Been wanting one for a long time.
I'll have to slow down on the guitars and bike mods though.
Nice SGs' by the way.

The Bear

• Members

I do have a thing for Winchesters and Colts but there is a special place in my heart for my Barrett M82A1. I just put the Nightforce scope on it a few months ago and haven't had time to sight it in properly as of yet. Together they are a pretty sweet setup.

Thanks guys! I am glad that you enjoy the pics.

Maybe someday I'll get around to taking pics of the rest of my guns.

-Ron

• Members
Originally posted by jTreu

because this place used to be ok until {censored}heads like you ruined it, ok colonel?

*salute*

:rolleyes:

Actually this place can be pretty cool most of the time. That is until people come by to pick fights for no reason. If you dont like this forum, why are you here?

Seriously though, if you're gonna troll do it right and at least be entertaining. If you worked at it you just might not come off like an chihuahua with a crotch infection.

• Members

I was watching "Attack of the Show" on G4 the other night and saw a reference to the "SG Army". Here they are on the web:
SG Army
;)

classicgng01.jpg

and...

supremegng05.jpg

Sadly, the Special Faded didn't make these pics but the SGs weren't really the point at the time. Hope that I don't upset someone's delicate sensibilities or anything.

-Ron

LOL

I went to elementry/middle/high school with the girl with pink hair in the picture in the center of the page.

I'll get some pictures of my SG's with some of my other toys later on...

• Members

SG Army
;)

classicgng01.jpg

and...

supremegng05.jpg

-Ron

You are one scary bastard, Vendor.

Why so many guns?
Why one?????????????

I suppose {censored} like that'll pretty much guarantee you a place in an army though, lol.

• Members
Originally posted by patrick_fox

You are one scary bastard, Vendor.

Why so many guns?

Why one?????????????

I suppose {censored} like that'll pretty much guarantee you a place in an army though, lol.

Ummm, hmmm, first of all, I am the "scary bastard" not Vendor. (I don't mean to rip on Vendor. I am sure he can be just as scary of bastard as myself. ;) ) Second, I don't really intend to get into a "Why have guns?" type of discussion. I was just offering some pics for like-minded individuals (SGs AND guns).

I will offer you a short explanation though that will avoid going in to my political and social philosophies.

"I like them, they can be one hell of a lot of fun if used properly."

Pretty much the same reason I have or do anything else. :D

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Here is a solo pic of the Faded Special: (to make up for it's omission in the previous pics).
sgfadedbody.jpg

-Ron :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by RIC N BACKER

hey blood

i am going to be getting a sg soon. i have an LP and it is fine but i like the sg too.

question on the 2 you have

whats the difference between the 2 types of P/U`s

covered vs. open?

are you asking what's the difference between those particular pups or covered and open in general.

in the special there are the 490 R and 490 T. These are good pickups but can be muddy at times.

In the angus, there are the Angus signature 'bucker, and a 57 classic. This combo kicks ass.

It's unfair to compare covered and uncovered with these 2 particular combos. its like what's better epi or gibson.

• Members

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor

The differenece is preference. Some say it makes a difference in sound others say it has no effect.

so thats what the P/U`s would look like if i took the cover off?

they definitely sound different

i dont like the looks of the cover off personally. it looks kind cheap to have the tape showing.

not yours blood, in general

• Members

Originally posted by RIC N BACKER

so thats what the P/U`s would look like if i took the cover off?

they definitely sound different

i dont like the looks of the cover off personally. it looks kind cheap to have the tape showing.

not yours blood, in general

Pickups are apparently a little bit (and by little i really mean tiny, almost unnoticiable especialy once the rest of the tone chain is taken into consideration) hotter and brighter when the cover is removed. It is physics after all.

Personally, i like covered buckers on almost everything except my strat, where i prefer open coils.

• Members

Originally posted by Blood

are you asking what's the difference between those particular pups or covered and open in general.

in the special there are the 490 R and 490 T. These are good pickups but can be muddy at times.

In the angus, there are the Angus signature 'bucker, and a 57 classic. This combo kicks ass.

It's unfair to compare covered and uncovered with these 2 particular combos. its like what's better epi or gibson.

covered vs open in general

thanks for the reply

• Members

Originally posted by AunShui

Pickups are apparently a little bit (and by little i really mean tiny, almost unnoticiable especialy once the rest of the tone chain is taken into consideration) hotter and brighter when the cover is removed. It is physics after all.

Personally, i like covered buckers on almost everything except my strat, where i prefer open coils.

thanks

i think they look better covered.

the only ones i like open are ace frehleys

Archived