Neal Schon Les Paul

surfcat

• Members

I'll go against the grain here. If I had to have a Les Paul, I'd go for the Neal Schon. I like it. The neck joint on it may actually make it playable above the 15th fret.

(dons flame suit)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by aclarke

15mm maple top, 45mm mahog back. mahogany neck, rosewoood board, sustainer. About 650US$ list, i've seen them for half that.

img1058681845.jpeg

IS that model still in production? the burny website only has a kahler equipped version, which is still worth considering, but i've never played a kahler equipped guitar.

• Members

The "Floyd" on the Agile looks remarkably similar to the Ibanez LO-TRSII. A notoriously known piece of crap.

It will most likely stop staying in tune after a few months of moderate use when the soft metal knife edges start to wear.

The good news is that a real Floyd will drop right in.

• Members

Originally posted by pete n.

The "Floyd" on the Agile looks remarkably similar to the Ibanez LO-TRSII. A notoriously known piece of crap.

It will most likely stop staying in tune after a few months of moderate use when the soft metal knife edges start to wear.

The good news is that a real Floyd will drop right in.

Yah, it looks to be a POS with soft metal but since I can easily replace it with a real Floyd I'm not too worried about it.

http://www.rondomusic.net/al2500blkfloydrose.html

• Members

Originally posted by guitar_played

IS that model still in production? the burny website only has a kahler equipped version, which is still worth considering, but i've never played a kahler equipped guitar.

when you get to the guitar/bass page, what you're seeing are the new models. click the link in the line where it says *new*. or click this: http://www.fernandes.co.jp/g_b/g_bP.html

and you'll get the full list. the model is rlc-65

• Members
Originally posted by tim gueguen

If you wanna be real hip, hunt up a Aria Pro II PE-NS Neil Schon sig model.

Beautiful guitars the early mij PE's, I have the PE-R80 which is very similar to the PE-NS,as a matter of fact there are 2 Neil Schon model Aria PE's, the NS like you mentioned and there is another Neil Schon model, which is basically the PE-R80,with a few modifications.Awesome guitars......not very easy to find though...........

• Members

Originally posted by aclarke

when you get to the guitar/bass page, what you're seeing are the new models. click the link in the line where it says *new*. or click this:

and you'll get the full list. the model is rlc-65

So, just to be sure, all of these models are still in production? too many choices... i want them all, although the rlc-65S is what i'm really looking for

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Guit Fiddle

Hmmm. That's a pretty nonsensical guitar IMO. If you're going for sustainer functionality and a Floyd Rose for cat-raping, why choose a Les Paul as the vehicle?

Reminds me of all the punk kids with their Yugi-Oh haircuts that modify Honda Civics with fart-mufflers and neon lights.

....ummm except this is freakin Neal Schon. :rolleyes: When you can play like that, you do whatever you want. ;) No similarity to ricers at all.

• 9 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by lloop9

erm... how does the sustainer sound in a LP body, which has naturally long sustain?

wldn't that be loo much of a "good" thing?
:D

Um, have you checked the bodies on those Fernandes Ravelles?

There's a world of difference (and feedback!) between "long sustain" and The Sustainer.

• 4 years later...
  • Members

Saw one in MF catalog-7 thousand frikkin dollars. Don't have a pick-but it's a goldtop with a floyd rose, 2 mini toggles, maybe a sustainer pickup in the neck?, and some other replacement one at the bridge. So,
what part of that is worth $5000 extra
?

The font that says "Neal Schon".

Archived