Neal Schon Les Paul

surfcat

• Members

Saw one in MF catalog-7 thousand frikkin dollars. Don't have a pick-but it's a goldtop with a floyd rose, 2 mini toggles, maybe a sustainer pickup in the neck?, and some other replacement one at the bridge. So, what part of that is worth $5000 extra?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by aclarke

image.<A
www.rakuten.co.jp/chuya-online/img1058681845.jpeg

15mm maple top, 45mm mahog back. mahogany neck, rosewoood board, sustainer. About 650US$ list, i've seen them for half that.

I was gonna post that but you beat me to it.

I liked the Schon LP until I saw the price. There outta there freakin' minds on that one.

The only thing it has that the Burny doesn't is a sculpted neck joint.

• Members
  • Members

Originally posted by aclarke

15mm maple top, 45mm mahog back. mahogany neck, rosewoood board, sustainer. About 650US$ list, i've seen them for half that.

img1058681845.jpeg

That Burny looks every bit of $300.

The Agile FR looked nicer to me @ $279.

• Members

Originally posted by ExtraGum

That Burny looks every bit of $300.

The Agile FR looked nicer to me @ $279.

It's the sustainer system that jacks the price a bit. There's an older white LP custom version of this burny, with recessed floyd (and sustainer) at my local for about $250US. I'm reallllllllllly tempted.

• Members

Originally posted by GuitArtMan

Didn't I read somewhere that the Schon Sig. Les Paul has a 25 1/2" scale length? That's gotta be worth at least a few extra grand!
:D

If that's true, then why not get a Wolfgang? Same scale length, Floyd, maple cap, $6000 change....

• Members

Originally posted by Big Boss Man

Did Neal Schon actually butcher a real goldtop LP like that before Gibson made a signature model for him?

He had a black Les Paul with a P-90 in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge as well as a Floyd.

• Members

Hmmm. That's a pretty nonsensical guitar IMO. If you're going for sustainer functionality and a Floyd Rose for cat-raping, why choose a Les Paul as the vehicle?

Reminds me of all the punk kids with their Yugi-Oh haircuts that modify Honda Civics with fart-mufflers and neon lights.

• Members

Originally posted by surfcat

If that's true, then why not get a Wolfgang? Same scale length, Floyd, maple cap, $6000 change....

I just checked at Gibson, standard 24 3/4" scale length. I swore I read earlier they were going to have a 25 1/2" scale length. Wierd.

Archived