I forgot how good Jimmy Page was...

Bucksstudent

• Members

Granted, I never worked in the biz, but I have to agree with Bucks - you settle because you can't win.

Whether it was a fluke (not impossible, though improbable) or a case of unintentional copying (my guess) the fact remains that they gave in to Satriani.

FWIW, Coldplay made Satch's song into one worth listening to, but that's just my opinion.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

kayd_mon wrote:

Granted, I never worked in the biz, but I have to agree with Bucks - you settle because you can't win.

Whether it was a fluke (not impossible, though improbable) or a case of unintentional copying (my guess) the fact remains that they gave in to Satriani.

FWIW, Coldplay made Satch's song into one worth listening to, but that's just my opinion.

I don't always agree that you settle because you can't win.

I honestly DO NOT believe that Michael Jackson ever sexually assalted anyone.... but he settled to just be done with it.

With the Coldplay vs. Satriani case... hard to say... Satriani had to get the idea from somewhere himself....maybe they both borrowed from the same source??? One thing is for sure..... it was the best thing to ever to happen to Snatch. Had it not been for Coldplay, no one outside of Snatch's 77 die hard fans would have heard that "deep cut."

• Members

knotty wrote:

@ sound creation.

I agree its subjective. I don't agree you have to be a good writer to be a good or superior guitarist.

That's fine.....but you'll notice that I prefaced that by saying it was my opinion that is what is part of making a great guitarist.  I never said it was a universal that everyone needed to agree with me on.  

They are all just single aspects of playing guitar.  Everyone is going to be different about which or how much of which they think makes a "great" guitarist.  Which is why there is no such thing as a "best" guitarist.

Archived