Anyone intersted in the Squier Army?

Cooley

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I've got two '51's, an Affinity Tele and just ordered a Fender Squier Fat Stratocaster HSS. One of those 51's is in the middle of being customized (custom reverse headstock neck with cherry fretboard, white paint, MightyMite string through bridge, GFS Dream 180 and Alinco) and my Affinity has GFS Fatbody pups, ACME 4-way switching, 3 ply pickguard, vintage string tree, upgraded bridge saddles and P-style knobs. If that doesn't get me in the Army, I don't know what else would.

Here's a pic of the tele.

Tele-vi.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by mfergel

Well, I've got two '51's, an Affinity Tele and just ordered a Fender Squier Fat Stratocaster HSS. One of those 51's is in the middle of being customized (custom reverse headstock neck with cherry fretboard, white paint, MightyMite string through bridge, GFS Dream 180 and Alinco) and my Affinity has GFS Fatbody pups, ACME 4-way switching, 3 ply pickguard, vintage string tree, upgraded bridge saddles and P-style knobs. If that doesn't get me in the Army, I don't know what else would.

Here's a pic of the tele.

Tele-vi.jpg

welcome

thumb.gif

• Members

Steve, So did mine. Came with no case, a really really ugly brushed metal pickgaurd, mismatch screws, no pup screws, tone knob not really working, the bridge was f'd up, and only two strings on her. But I got it for free.thumb.gif Thirty dollars and a couple of trades later, I had a working and great sounding bass with a gigbag.

• Members

So I received the 51 for Christmas from my father...and I have to say if I bought the guitar, I would've paid more than the $75 he did...

I much prefer this guitar in terms of sound and workmanship to my Trans Amber Deluxe Strat...

The neck is fantastic is shape and finish...the frets were just ever so slightly a little sharp...but its still very playable...it was intonated just fine

I had to tweak the truss rod maybe a whole turn after putting 10s on and now the action is low with now buzz...something I can't say about the Trans Strat which has horribly sharp fret ends I really need to address...as well as pretty bad buzzing in certain registers on the board...

Overall the 51 kicks some real ass...mine is black and will be my "out in the open" guitar...I'll keep it on a stand behind my amps...and now I have a really great playing guitar that I don't have to haul out of a case whenever I want to play

I'm keeping it stock simply b/c I'm happy with the pickups and the black/white color scheme is fine for me...I'll toss some pics up later...

• Members

Originally posted by garagebandking9

So I received the 51 for Christmas from my father...and I have to say if I bought the guitar, I would've paid more than the $75 he did...

I much prefer this guitar in terms of sound and workmanship to my Trans Amber Deluxe Strat...

That's the thing that gets me the most, too. My Amber Deluxe is actually quite nice. No problems or complaints, and I enjoy playing it; but then I pick up my sunburst 51 and start playing, and I think, wow, why can't I get my Strat to sound like this?

• Members

Originally posted by tocs100

I dig my Aztec Gold Squier Strat. (Sorry no pic.)

Well it's with regret that I am retiring from the Squier Army... frown.gif

But, I have sold all of Squier's now and am Squierless.

No offense to the Squier Army, but I am selling a bunch of gear to join the Gibson Les Paul Army...

Best of luck to the army and maybe I will be a member again someday...

GuitarNoobie, Retired...

• Members

I'm planning on modding the Squier I have. I wanna make it into a sort of old Fender (pickup and bridge covers). The serial number on the neckplate is NC688507. My dad bought this bass used about 6 years or so ago for my brother. The paint's Arctic White ({censored}ing ugly). In the summer, I'm going to overhaul this. New tuners, new bridge, new pickups, bassically new everything.

Does anyone know anything about the Serial #'s?

Archived