• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Frets99

Beautiful guitars Jerry-picker. Most of all that natural Tele!!love.gif

thumb.gif

Thanks!

That's a Protone Fat Tele...high recs as a player! I used mine over the weekend at an outdoor gig during a set that included Cream, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, and Beatles covers.

NICE! (And they used to be cheap frown.gif .)

• Members

Heavily modded Affinity Strat, MII. I played this at the store and had never ( in 30 years ) found a guitar that played this nicely. Wonderful neck contour, un-naturally low action. Bought it on the spot for $130 on Christmas Special. Since replaced the black bridge pickup with a White, H/O Distortion pickup.

BlueStrat.jpg

Here's a song I recorded with it:

http://media.putfile.com/Look-what-the-dog-dragged-in

• Members

I loved their ProTone series. I had 2 of the blue (really looked green) transparent Strats with maple boards and also loved the "Bordello Caster" Tele Thinline (seen below with my son at age 2 - he's now 7 so I guess this pic is from about 2000-2001). I wish I'd never sold this one but I needed the money to help pay for my CS-356.

Jacob_Tele.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by SpiritOfTheAge

Count me in, i have a protone with tex-mex pickups installed. thumb.gif

DSCN0475.JPG

That is a great guitar. I used to have 2 of 'em (one was upgraded with Fender Vintage Noiseless pups).

I love the look (green with the wood flame showing thru) and the feel of that neck (I generally like ebony

the best and maple second). Those ProTones had some of the nicest necks I'd played on.

The Koreans really did some nice work on the ProTones.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I want in i gots lots o squiers.....

1.Tom Delonge Stratocaster, put a Evolution in it and changed the jack and pot out on it

DelongeStratocaster2.jpg

2. Affinity Strat, refinished it built a guard from all fender parts, put dimarzio saddles on the bridge and cut the headstock to look more like a tele..

AffinityStratocaster2.jpg

3.Stratocaster II from the 80's, all stock for now but i got it in parts for a refin.. it was my first electric

SquireStratocasterII.jpg

evil.gifevil.gifevil.gifevil.gif

i just sold off this one

IM001306.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by neal73

As well as the squier strat I already have, I've just bought a squier Jagmaster, which should be through any day.

What pickups have people been putting in these?

I just put a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck of My Jagmaster II and it sounds great, a perfect combination.thumb.gif

Archived