Cooley

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by joegrant413

View Post

Hey Dave,

This is my first Tele.... how good are these pickups compared to other Teles?

Cheers,

-- Joe

Joe, this is actually my first tele too.

I am primarily a bass player, but for guitar

I have been playing mostly Late 80s U.S.A. jacksons soloists. I have 7 of them , but hardly ever play them any more. I have a couple of other electrics too.

I have been wanting a tele for a long long timeand was planning on dropping some coin on a U.S.A. deluxe or something really really nice, and I picked this one up as a goof at closing time at sam ash, didnt even plug it in, bought it, took it home and after an hour or so of adjustments, got it playing wonderfully.

I knew I could just take it back if I didnt like it so the impulse purchase was no big deal. The only mods I have done is the silly cowprint picguard. I dont think it really needs anything else.

The pickups sound absolutely increadible, I am able to get a huge variety of tones with my old pod 2.0, all the classic tele tones, plus much more. The pups are a little noisy, especially the bridge pup and I was considering changing trhem at first, but now I like the tone so much that I can live with the little bit of noise and will not change them. I have bought many guitars and basses over the years of all varying prices and quality, values, and this squier is as solid a purchase for the money as any guitar I have ever bought.

• Members

Hey alright already. Yes, I made a new pickguard for my '51, and I'll have pics any day now! I give in. Please just stop with the the all-hours phone calls, the suspicious e-mails, and that top-secret thing I've heard is called "nocturnal brain-spamming". And why is my wife so happy these days, whistling while she does the dishes, I give up, you got me, I'm in. But I'm not getting that Squier and rose thingie tattooed on my ass! At least not for the 1st year! Okay, Okay Okay, 6 months, but no sooner!

Phew, Funky

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MKSkud

View Post

I'm in... Just picked up this Deluxe Hot Rails Strat... Duncan Designed Hot Rails in all three positions... 2 point trem with satin saddles... Basswood body, and I love the CBS headstock...

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

Glad you showed up. I read your NGD thread; it's sweet.

• Members

I got an Affinity Butterscotch also.

tele.jpg

Loved this one right off the bat! I swapped out the Tuners for some Gotoh Vintage Style, added a Vintage style round string tree. I got a screamin' deal on a Vintage Noisless Tele bridge PU from a fellow forumite so I decided to throw that in also(not that the stock one really needed to be swapped). I also hit the pickguard with 0000 steel wool to dull the gloss down a bit. The only other things I will change are the Saddles and 3 way(Cheezmaster) switch. Then I should be done.

I Love this guitar! I can't believe a sub-$200.00 guitar is my current favorite! I don't own anything really expensive anyway, but this is so much fun to play. By the time I'm done modding I still won't have much over $200.00 including the Guitar and all mods invested!!thumb.gif

Mike

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mmkco

View Post

I got an Affinity Butterscotch also.

tele.jpg

Loved this one right off the bat! I swapped out the Tuners for some Gotoh Vintage Style, added a Vintage style round string tree. I got a screamin' deal on a Vintage Noisless Tele bridge PU from a fellow forumite so I decided to throw that in also(not that the stock one really needed to be swapped). I also hit the pickguard with 0000 steel wool to dull the gloss down a bit. The only other things I will change are the Saddles and 3 way(Cheezmaster) switch. Then I should be done.

I Love this guitar! I can't believe a sub-$200.00 guitar is my current favorite! I don't own anything really expensive anyway, but this is so much fun to play. By the time I'm done modding I still won't have much over $200.00 including the Guitar and all mods invested!!thumb.gif

Mike

There's nothing like a good scotch! Sounds sweet.

• Members

I've been lurking here for awhile reading the posts. I don't own a Squier yet but I'm about to buy something. I need another guitar like I need a root canal but lately I've been bighten by the "low priced guitar" bug and I'm having fun seeing just how much guitar a guy can get for under $200. Take a look at the Xaviere's at Guitarfetish.com by the way.

Anyway....what's the vote here? If you guys had to buy just ONE Squier tele and one strat which one(s) would it be? I'm really drawn to the butterscotch affinity special tele.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1

View Post

I've been lurking here for awhile reading the posts. I don't own a Squier yet but I'm about to buy something. I need another guitar like I need a root canal but lately I've been bighten by the "low priced guitar" bug and I'm having fun seeing just how much guitar a guy can get for under $200. Take a look at the Xaviere's at Guitarfetish.com by the way.

Anyway....what's the vote here? If you guys had to buy just ONE Squier tele and one strat which one(s) would it be? I'm really drawn to the butterscotch affinity special tele.

Then you already know the answer: BSB Affinity Tele. I put DR Pure Blues .11's on mine and it's got a really great tone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So did Cooley give up on the Squire Army? I was so looking forward to this! I guess I'm in (black Affinity Standard Strat). But who knows if there will be an official roster?

Don't know about Cooley but I've subscribed to this thread for some time now and usually try to post in it regularly.

Glad you're a member.

If no one else responds to the roster I'll go back and put one together.

Archived