Anyone intersted in the Squier Army?

Cooley

• Members

Originally posted by Joe Bones

I haven't played every edition of Strat, but the Squier protone is simply a better instrument than the American, Japanese, or Mexican Standards which I have played.

Guys, is this for real?

Isnt the american version made by better luthiers, using better wood and materials and better QC?

Im just wondering why players would buy a $800 american made one if a $200 korean made one is superior.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by HEPNOTIC

Im just wondering why players would buy a $800 american made one if a $200 korean made one is superior.

nah, not always better... but some are pretty damn good anyway. And I like good guitars at any price.

Love my Squiers!!

• Members

I've got an Affinity Strat and a '51. I've been playing that Affinity about every day for the last two years. Having recently joined a band where the other guitar is a $2500 LP and, my playing having since progressed rapidly, I figured it was time to buy a "real" guitar. I purchased a MIM strat and while the MIM is definitely more guitar albeit in ways that are not immediately obvious yet can be felt and heard, I'm not throwing my old Afiinity under the bus. No sir, that Squier plays great even compared to the MIM, in fact eyes closed I'd not bet I could tell the difference solely by feel, although the MIM does have more balls sound wise and is a touch heavier, feels more solid. So the Affinity is my office practice axe, the MIM is my serious player, a perfect combination. The '51? Another very good plank, but the neck is different, thicker, than the strats, and sound wise at band volume it didn't measure up as well, at least with the amp I was then using.. So I keep it in my car as a bang around always on hand thing. But Squires, for the money, are great.

By the way, that Strat with the HSS that was on overstock.com I swear that's an Ibanez GSA60 body with a strat headstock. I've got a GSA60 and it's at least as good as the Squier Strat, but it was more money.

Archived