Project: HCEG Thinline

warriorpoet

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Someone photoshop the neck pics with the body pics:thu:

Just wait.....photoshop could never make this guitar look like it will....I aint the excitable type but I must admit I am looking forward to seeing the pics of this baby finished, hey and who knows maybe I'll take a trip to Virginia one of these days. But from my point of view, it was a pleasure to work on that piece of wood.....beautiful stuff that Wenge.

• Members

Fantastic project WP! :love:

... and due kudos to AJ and Sean. Those boys got wood (me too after seeing the pics).

Wenge is great stuff indeed. I have a Warwick bass with a Wenge neck. It is most orgasmic, I mean organic, to the touch :p.

Sean - Wenge - did you use steel wool on that {censored}? :o

• Members

If I understood that, I might enjoy it more, or not
:freak::confused::evil:

Definition no. 2:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=keks

:(

Still, I guess in a sense it only constitutes second-generation contamination :freak:. I mean, I have in the past used a pair of keks to apply wax to a car's paintwork, but I draw the line somewhere short of a guitar neck...

• Members

Coincidentally WP, why did you opt for Wenge? (apart from its obvious visual appeal)

(apologies if you've already gone over this earlier in the thread)

Keks- I see. I did use a pair of keks #2 for a pop screen once on a recording mic. Keks frighten me not :lol:

I chose wenge for a couple reasons:

- its tonal properties are supposed to be very distinct and mid-heavy

- it doesn't require finish (though that waxoil feels and smells amazing)

- it's hot

- it's incredibly dense and organic feeling

My idea for this project is to construct something not only beautiful, but very rich and unique sounding.

My tonal philosophy:

1. balanced woods (mahogany for bottom end, maple/ ebony for top, wenge for mids)

2. versatility (tele bridge, p90 neck, 4-way switch, semi-hollow)

3. visually appealing (Thinline construction with obvious references to violin appearance, AAA falme top, figured mahogany, wenge)

• Members

Hmmm, the splinter reference was dealt with earlier, it's slightly toxic and the dust can cause respiratory and eye inflammations, and I would presume the splinters would be a tad irritating

Cool. I'll just glue the neck in then instead of drilling the holes. Yup.. that's what I'll do.. yup

Just drove 9 hours from Virginia... I'm a little loopy

Archived