the Unofficial Drummer Roster

Drumming4Him

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whoa. I'm bringing it back. smile.gif In the Halloween spirit, let's do a zombie thread!

What you'd like to be called: Fitch
Gender (bender?): Male
State: Confusion... or Massachusetts

Music Background (years, instruments, etc.): Drums - 15+ years, on and off guitar, smattering of piano, master of all things skin flute

Favorite...

Drum Brand: I'm leaning towards Yamaha

Band: King's X
CD: I could never pick... Stabbing Westward's Darkest Days, King's X's Tapehead, Led Zep's Physical Graffiti, Metallica's s/t, The Neville Brother's Live from Planet Earth, Alter Bridge's Blackbird...
Dish: Chicken quesadillas

Complete the statement...

What people don't know about me is that... I'm a corporate communications toolbag by day, a mountain biker by afternoon, and a self-proclaimed rock star by night.
What may suprise people is the fact that I listen to... Family Force 5
This weekend I'm going to... Long Island to snob it up.
And lastly, this post is ridiculously... old.

• Members

What you'd like to be called: Danny (drumsdb screen name)

Gender (bender?): Male

State: Georgia (Atlanta)

Music Background (years, instruments, etc.): Drums - 25+ years, on and off guitar,

Favorite...

Drum Brand:Tama and Custom Companies (Spaun and Bootleg especially)

Band: Depends on my mood... Rush, DMB, Sevendust, Vertical Horizon, King's X, Tonic, Our Lady Peace, Pearl Jam, The Weepies, Peter Gabriel

CD: I could never pick... Rush All, King's X's Ear Candy, DMB Before These Crowded Streets, Sevendust Seasons and Cold Day Memory, Peter Gabriel So... etc, etc, etc...

Dish: Filet Mignon (medium rare), baked potato (butter only) and a side of broccoli or sauteed spinach

What people don't know about me is that... I'm a supply chain expert w/ several certifications and work a very cushy day job.... and am a self-proclaimed rock star by night.

What may surprise people is the fact that I listen to... Anything except Rap (Run-DMC / Beastie Boys / Grandmaster Flash are exceptions).

This weekend I'm going to... Have a gig with my newest band.

And lastly, this post is ridiculously... redundent!

• Members

What you'd like to be called: The Dear Leader.

Gender (bender?): Mammale

State: Confusion, I mean OR

Music Background: 1996, drums and mallets only. School band for first 3 years. Garage bands through HS. Started gigging in local bars and clubs at 17 with coverbands. Started original focused gigs in 2004; and recording/session work in 2005. Blues, Classic Rock, Alt, Fusion, Country, and now Metal.

Favorite...

Drum Brand:Luds, as my father before me. Zildjian cymbals, but Sabians are THE SAME THING. Also use Axis pedals since 2008.

Band: DMB, Dream Theater, or Strapping Young Lad, Pink Floyd (later stuff), STYX, RUSH, No Doubt, Dethklok

CD: UTTaD or BTCS by DMB; 6 Deg or SFaM by DT; DSoT, WYWH, or Division Bell by Pink.

Dish: Chinese vs. Italian, the war rages on. Or a good SAMMICH

What people don't know about me is that... I secretly would like to record a solo big-band/Ratpack style album where I sing, arrange, and of course drum.

What may surprise people is the fact that I listen to... Big Band, Imani Coppala, Classical Stuff

This weekend I'm going to... Lock myself in the studio and practice, and shop around for a second hihat. Perhaps Ill bother Grem and TGF.

And lastly, this post is ridiculously... Updated now...

• Members

What you'd like to be called: cdawg mc Bling-bling

Gender (bender?): male

State: pa

Music Background:private lessons for about five years

Favorite...

Drum Brand:rogers, old.

Band: currently, Bloc Party

CD: El Camino, (Black Keys)

Dish: chicken romano

What people don't know about me is that... i play bass as well

What may surprise people is the fact that I listen to... some jazz

This weekend I'm going to... hang with my son.

And lastly, this post is ridiculously... here.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by cdawg View Post
What you'd like to be called: cdawg mc Bling-bling
State: pa
Music Background:private lessons for about five years

Favorite...

Drum Brand:rogers, old.
Band: currently, Bloc Party
CD: El Camino, (Black Keys)
Dish: chicken romano

What people don't know about me is that... i play bass as well
What may surprise people is the fact that I listen to... some jazz
This weekend I'm going to... hang with my son.
And lastly, this post is ridiculously... here.

Harm Central biggrin.gifeek.gif

6001 Geazr nearly

None of the above.

Evolved sonewhat - somewhat as well since whatever I claimed last time.

• Members
What you'd like to be called: The Alpha and Omega
State: Oregon, since about 3 months ago
Music Background:Music in the house as long as I can remember (my mother plays piano). Drums since 5th grad band, trombone since 6th.

Favorite...

Drum Brand: I haven't really played enough different kinds to pick a favorite, I think
Band: Gogol Bordello
CD:
Dish: Breakfast foods tend to be my favorite.

What people don't know about me is that... I feast on the souls of innocents
What may surprise people is the fact that I listen to... Serbian Brass music. No seriously, this sh*t is INCREDIBLE! Check out the Boban Marcovic Orchestra if you're interested
This weekend I'm going to... hang out with my parents in law, I guess--they're visiting for the next 2 weeks freak.gif
And lastly, this post is ridiculously... ...ridiculous?

• Members

What you'd like to be called: Jackson

State: Ambivalent

Music Background (years, instruments, etc.): Guitar - 14 years, drums - 3 years, basic knowledge of several other stringed instruments.

Favorite...

Drum Brand: Slingerland

Band: Today? Black Crowes

CD: Sgt Pepper

Dish: Ceramic

Complete the statement

What people don't know about me is that... I'm an Eagle Scout

What may suprise people is the fact that I listen to... Alanis Morissette... Often.

This weekend I'm going to... Prepare my home for winter, search for an engine, play bass, and drink bourbon

And lastly, this post is ridiculously... vague

• Members

Knightvalin

What you'd like to be called: well, my real name is Jim, but , as the song says , ' Everything is possible and nothing is real' so just call me Knight for short...

Gender: Male, as far as I know...never can tell these days.+

State: Location, Physical, social, or emotional? If its just the locale, well, I'm in Ontario, Canada, so that disqualifies me , I guess...

Music Background: Self - taught semi pro musician for the past 37 years. Been playing in bars since I was 13. Got enough of a taste of the ' big time' circuit to realize I didn't belong there. Never been tempted to take up any other instrument other than drums and assorted percussion. I'll leave the neck wringing in the hands of the experts, god knows there's enough of them....

Favourite Drum Brand: I have what is commonly known as a mongrel kit; that is, I have a piece here and there from most of the major names. Have never owned( or could afford) a new kit from any of them. Work constantly at the kit I have to improve the sonics. I'd say my kit sounds as good as most. Were I able to pick and choose the kit I wanted, It would probably be a set of Craviottos, they are phenomenal drums, but see my previous entries about finances...

Favourite Band: You can't ask a question like that and limit it to one I will say this;If I ever get stranded on that proverbial desert island, I hope I have both CDs from the band October Project with me....

CD: way, way, way too many to put here, and too many genres to like.

Favourite Dish: Oh, if you put a beef or chicken curry on the table, you ain't getting rid of me till its gone...same can be said with someone who knows how to cook a proper stirfry...

Website: Youtube: when you cut through all the cats on treadmills and stupid human fails, you find clips of songs and performers you haven't heard in a lifetime. That alone is worth the price of admission.

What People Don't about me : could fill one of Stephen Kings' novelepics.

What may suprise people is the fact I listen to: Things that I would never have 30 years ago.

and lastly, this post is ridiculously: similar to that show on TV where James Lipton fawns/fellates all over hot thing of the week...

PEACE

• Members

What you'd like to be called: Les....or Race

State: Mo.

Music Background (years, instruments, etc.): 35 years behind drums, 2 years alto sax, played many years in a Country Music Opry.

Favorite...

Drum Brand: currently playing Pearl, using a mixture of snares and pies.

Band: none

CD: none..too many to choose from.

Dish: Chicken Nacho's

Website: www.facebook.com/bigdealband shameless plug....smile.gif

Complete the statement

What people don't know about me is that...Ive thought about music as a full time profession.

What may suprise people is the fact that I listen to...everything but rap.....

This weekend I'm going to...play a gig with the band saturday, church on sunday mornin.
And lastly, this post is ridiculously... old, but a cool idea.

• Members

What you'd like to be called: Devin, also sometimes referred to as D-lite, DD, or D-money

State: Or-y-gun (oregon)

Music Background (years, instruments, etc.): Drums started at 3rd grade, but really only actively playing kit again for the past 5 years. Also about 8 years as a DJ (with real records wink.gif ) and producer.

Favorite...

Drum Brand: Yamaha (even though I don't actually own any as of now)

Band: Return To Forever, The New Mastersounds, Billy Cobham Spectrum Album, Lettuce, MMW, Most anything that grooooooves.

CD: Too much to choose from.

Dish: Ramen

Complete the statement

What people don't know about me is that... I am a vegan

What may suprise people is the fact that I listen to... "Dreams" by the Cranberries. Guilty pleasure. biggrin.gif

This weekend I'm going to... Play music of course, and watch my alma matter, the OSU Beavers kick som ass at football.

And lastly, this post is ridiculously... Neato.

• Members

What you'd like to be called: Nick, Mason, Nicky, whatever...

State: CA

Music Background (years, instruments, etc.): Drums/Percussion/Electronic Percussion
Started taking private lessons age 10, still continue today. Been playing around 20 years or so.
Dabble in Guitar & Bass a little.

Favorite...

Drum Brand: Yamaha

Band: Aerosmith

CD: ????

Dish: ????

Complete the statement

What people don't know about me is that... I have a degree in Graphic Design and I am a devout Wiccan

What may suprise people is the fact that I listen to... ALL music, Rap, Country, Metal, Classical, Rock, and all sub-genres

This weekend I'm going to... Perform 3 shows per night at the AZ State Fair with Street Drum Corps *plug plug*

And lastly, this post is ridiculously...
great

Archived