GG-Quorum Call

Carminemw

• Members

Congrats Darten! (I think?)

I have not yet reached that "pinnicle" of my life yet, but it will be coming soon enough. I'm not very pumped about any of the terms, "grandpa; gramps; grandad", but getting to basically teach a kid to be ornery and mischeivious, giving them a drum set and then send him/her home with mom and dad kinda excites me.:thu:

Paying back your kids for all of the grief they gave you-

Priceless !!!! :p

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks,

I have a feeling though, that Grampie here, is going to spend alot of time with the little one. I also have an 11 month old, the two of them are going to be play friends... hopefully. But on the brightest side of it all... at least I am not my own Grandpa.

• Members

Thanks,

I have a feeling though, that Grampie here, is going to spend alot of time with the little one. I also have an 11 month old, the two of them are going to be play friends... hopefully. But on the brightest side of it all... at least I am not my own Grandpa.

Yea, that wouild be just too weird, even for on here. :wave:

• Members

Ah, I found it. I thought I saw this thread last week, (I think, or was it the day before yesterday). Anyway, I guess I saw something else on the way to post and got lost. I just stumbled across it again so here I am. Damn, does that sound like Gezerdom er wut?

Here and accounted for ( more or less)!:freak:

• Members

Thanks,

Congrats Darten...being a grand parent is wonderful!! I am granddad to my 2 girls...Jenna-12 and Leah-8. I'm 52 so I'm young enough to wind them up and let 'em go...and I'm old enough that my son can't really say anything to me about them. And if it wasn't for my Jenna, I wouldn't even be here! She's the one who came up to me over a year ago and said "Granddad...would you teach me how to play drums?" I felt like king of the mountain!!! It was like passing on a little bit of me for the next generation...

Enjoy every minute you have them...teach, encourage, play, and above all...love'em to death!:thu:

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Oh how many have come and gone. Only the few, the brave, the faint of heart have still survived. I still have the certificate...latest version was 2011 or so.

I hope all of you have a wonderful, safe Holiday Season. And if you're gigging, pound the hell out of them for me and all those long past members. In the immiortal words of Frank Zappa, we're not dead, we just smell funny!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

• Members

Hey Geezers! I'm new here but I think I need to be in the club. I'm getting on (now 46) but still have plenty of snap! Sounds just like you guys! I've got a son who's now 21 and shreds the kit too (I taught him). What a joy that was! I can't wait to have a crack at giving a grandkid the bug too! Though I'm not in a hurry. It's really awesome to see some other "lifers" out there!

• Members

I'm still here!! Not that often but I'm still around! John Pattison, the geezer guild is really for anyone that has a little bit of drumming experience or has done the trial and error thing a few times, so you should fit right in! Many of us Geezers (I'm 45) and many of the used to be long time members or regular posters quit posting here so much a few years back when Harmony Center, changed formats, servers and so on. Many are still on here, but not as many "old timers" post like we used to due to problems Harmony Central had when they changed formats. It getting better now days, but so many went elsewhere when the problems started.

Archived