Your favorite snare drum.

TamaDrummer0

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lovin my sonor danny carey sig. it's just awesome in so many ways. so many sounds to pull out of it, awesome dynamics and it looks cool, too.

(crappy pic but its all i got convenient):

1248919694.jpg

though, i'm torn because i still find myself trying to score an ayotte keplinger from the 90s with wood hoops. i recorded ONE SONG with a buddy's like ... 10 years ago and i just fell in love with it.

• Members

No pics (I'm on the cuz's laptop) but my fave is my 1940's Leedy 6.5x14 chrome over brass.

Currently have a Remo Black Suede Ambassador on top with triple flanged hoops. Thinking about trying out a die-cast batter hoop:idk:

idk, man. i think that's dry it out too much, no?

how those suede's treatin' ya on the snare??

• Members

I've only had experience with one pro snare.

My Tama Superstar. 6.5X14

S7000201.jpg

{censored}ty pic I know. Took this right after I got it. It's a lot cleaner with new heads on it now.

I'm not too sure what the difference is between snare drums though. Depth, types of woods, types of metal. I'd have fun with a different snare to play with, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

• Members

Best looker I've ever seen.

Can you ID my snare? Tama, wood, black, die cast hoops, tube lugs w/cube posts.

Thanks bro. Are you SURE it's a Tama? Sounds like a Premier to me -- the cube posts are what make me think so. That's what was on the Premier Signia series, which also came with DC hoops on snare. Here's mine for comparison (another favorite snare of mine):

Signiathrow.jpg

• Members

Uncanny. Identical except slightly less cone at the base of the lugs. The gates on the bottom also extend downward 3/4 or so inches. Tama badge, no name. I was looking to buy those lugs for a Keller I have but Tama had discoed the line. Copyright maybe? I keep thinking Artwood, Artstar, but after all these years I don't know if I just assumed the name.

Archived