ot-forgot pills today...

cdawg

• Members

Yep, many drugs that are made for one thing, work for another. I also take Seroquel to sleep. Non-narcotic, knocks you dick in the dirt in say 45 minutes, but it was made for bi-polar, phobias and such.

Yea CEM, Clonopin isn't an opiate/pain killer. It's a benzodiazipam, slow release form of like Xanex. But maybe you indicated that in your post.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry can't share the meds,Got to have them.I have Fibromyalgia,I'd be laid up in bed without the pain meds. The Xanax I can live without,I really don't take it to much.I use it more to sleep then I do for anything.I've tried everything to knock my ass out but 2 mgs of Xanax always does the trick.

• Members

dude i understand exactly what you're going through, i've had chronic panic disorder for the last 10 years, don't know why it just showed up one day. i take nothing for it, all the docs will give me is ssri and no matter how many times i tell them it makes me sick, i have taken Valium and klonopins under the table from friends, black market style, and they freakin work, like a charm. if you dont need them they will give you a buzz, if you have panic attacks all the time, they just make ya feel better.

folks that dont have the issue really dont understand what it is. and dudes that have it dont like to talk about it for fear of being a {censored}.. screw that noise, it sucks, nothings worse than a bright sunny day out side for me, thats why i live on a 3rd shift schedule.

• Members

dude i understand exactly what you're going through, i've had chronic panic disorder for the last 10 years, don't know why it just showed up one day. i take nothing for it, all the docs will give me is ssri and no matter how many times i tell them it makes me sick, i have taken Valium and klonopins under the table from friends, black market style, and they freakin work, like a charm. if you dont need them they will give you a buzz, if you have panic attacks all the time, they just make ya feel better.

folks that dont have the issue really dont understand what it is. and dudes that have it dont like to talk about it for fear of being a {censored}.. screw that noise, it sucks, nothings worse than a bright sunny day out side for me, thats why i live on a 3rd shift schedule.

You got that right.I work 3rd shifts as well 3 days a week.I only go out if I have to.I stay indoors most of the time.

The chronic pain has effected my drum playing and I don't get to play as much or long but I do still play. When I sold the last set,I was lost with out them.Even though I don't play my new ones much,the idea that it is sitting there with the option to play is enough for me.

People really don't understand Fibromyalgia and that it {censored}in hurts like a bitch at times,not to mention all the other {censored} it does to you.

• Members

I'm confused, you don't have epilepsy, but you're taking a bunch of seizure medication?

I am too, I totally understand about the Fibro and all the other stuff, my wife takes Effectxor and it helps a lot, has been prescribed other stuff but it doesn't make her feel right. So I'm not digging on anyone at all. I'm just so grateful that I don't have to take it...yet. I do good with a six pack and a few good tobacco sticks a night.

I really respect you ALL and hate that you have to be so dependent on stuff. Would be nice if you didn't have to have it, just for the cost alone. I hope this makes sense. I mean it helps my wife and I'm not throwing any stones. I just didn't know it was so widespread. I too can't sleep as well many nights. I guess is because my mom took so many pills when I was a kid. I've just hated that "not being in control" feeling that pills do to me. This from the person the welcomes the alcoholic buzz to relieve my stress....

• Members

I've just hated that "not being in control" feeling that pills do to me. This from the person the welcomes the alcoholic buzz to relieve my stress....

It's exactly how Cdawg described it, like you're {censored}in losing it.

It's not to be confused with being stressed out, or having lots of stress. That's a whole different thing, still important but different.

It is way more common then folks like to discuss, that's why I'm glad to see this thread.

And to make the comment on topic a little.. That's why Meg White took time off, she has severe panic attacks. Had to check out awhile and get her {censored} right I guess.

• Members

it's all about finding the right mix. i've battled this {censored} since i was a teen. on and off the pills, getting frustrated when it doesn't work, etc. you guys that stay in a cave: find help. i had a bad day yesterday. but just about all of my days are good. and i'm going through a crappy divorce. i actually WANT to get up and go to work. i can see positive things in my life, and things worth living for. this is the first time IN MY LIFE that i've felt this good. i'm almost 38. that's a long time of not feelin' good.

seriously, find a good therapist/psych and get the right meds to get you straight. it's a crap shoot, but well worth it when you get there.

Archived