OT- I yelled at the guitarist and the band broke up

cdawg

• Members

...and there ya go. it was about my frustration over practicing the same {censored} over and over again. we have it down, already. just wanted to write some new {censored}, that's all. we gig about once/month, with the next one in late october. i think we have time to write some new {censored} AND rehearse the old before the show.

when i said, "lets just sit down without egos and discuss..." he claimed he had no ego and walked away. standing with the bass player, i yelled, "and there goes the only musician in the world without an ego!!!" guess i really did it right there.

• Members

he claimed he had no ego and walked away.

:lol: You in a band called metallica by chance? :poke:

oh well, even tho I'm a guitarist at heart(tho I consider myself a songwriter as I also do vox, bass, midi programming, etc), It's the most easily replaceable position in a band.

• Members

Yup. Sounds like your former guitarist has issues. Most (not all) do.

You see the same thing during each American Idol season. During the auditions, there are countless folks who can't sing to save their lives, but go ballistic when the panel of judges (with impeccable credentials) tell them the truth. It's a classic case of denial.

Ego is a funny thing, huh? Go figure...

• Members

Seems like a few cases of this is going around with some members here now days! What is it with all these high school/garage band antics?? Might as well be in a band called "Sexual Chocolate" (From Coming to Americamovie) This is why "band" movies never make it at the box office. You really cannot understand them unless you've been there.

I guess it never dons on them that unless you're a Eddie Van Halen, Eric Clapton, SRV, or the like, you are NOT going to carry on a career by yourself! I've heard some crappy to okay drummers/bassist make it in a band. but a guitarist or singer that isn't above par is not going to go far! When you put yourself out there out front like that you better have the chops to back it up.

Yes like Idol, unless you can blow the judges away, you ain't going to play. but any idiot that can carry a beat, even on plastic buckets (BUT BUT BUT, it's the drummers that find there own style that make the difference. and is a TON of rift raft in the drumming circles and most drummers work to help each other out and act as part of a team.)

I bet his ideas go over like Jim Morrison's spoken word album.

• Members

cdawg, when are you gonna stop talking common sense man? It's like your mouth engages before your brain can catch up. Just because you've rehearsed the songs you have, have a month and a half to write a song doesn't mean it must be done! God for bid, I'm amazed you didn't say "let's write a couple songs" for Christ's sake! Not to step on the guitarist who I kinda like that has chosen to hang around the dark side here, but you know as well as I do, the guitarist is ALWAYS RIGHT! Sometimes the lead singer, if he's stand alone, calls the shots. But we drummers are never, ever, ever to make intelligent, band improving suggestions or comments for the group as a whole. It just isn't done. Sometimes I wish I'd have picked guitar instead of drums, JUST FOR THE POWER. But that's usually right after I've fall down and have hit my forehead on the corner of the coffee table again. 5 minutes and it passes......................................

• Members

Deffo agree with you, theres always time to write new songs if youve got the old ones down.

maybe 2 weeks before a geek do a couple of solid run throughs as though your playing a gig but not forever and ever and ever and ever.......you get the idea.

Well done on confronting him i say and hope you sort someone better out.

Archived