Songs that never need to be played EVER again...

the DW

• Members

Trooper-The Boys in the Bright White Sports Car .

I've worked construction for the last 8 yrs and i think the local rock and roll station has played it every single day. I never need to hear that song ever again.

CANCON hard at work!....

(which I actually think is a great thing....by the way)

• Members

Most classic songs I think are amazing I can listen too....

But yeah....Stairway to Heaven is one that I don't care if I ever hear again the rest of my life. And if it comes on and I'm in control I will probably turn it off....

Hotel California I just simply don't like.

• Members

Other than decimating a ton of my set list, this is a great thread!

For me, its anything by the Eagles, Sweet Home Alabama (though its ALWAYS a request) and all those weird, out of left field song suggestions from our bassist (DIO! RATT! Tesla (who the {censored} is Tesla?), all that goofy {censored} from bands nobody really cares about).

• Members

Songs I never want to cover or hear covered again: Man In a Box - A.I.C.

Aaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!

A great tune, but oh my God, I get SO bored playing it! Sadly, people up here absolutely love it and dance like mad when we lay it out. I'll deal.

• Members

But yeah....Stairway to Heaven is one that I don't care if I ever hear again the rest of my life. And if it comes on and I'm in control I will probably turn it off....

I used to refer to Stairway as "the most burned out song of all times" in the early 80s. Still applies.

• Members

Aaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!

A great tune, but oh my God, I get SO bored playing it! Sadly, people up here absolutely love it and dance like mad when we lay it out. I'll deal.

Yeah. I don't get it. It's far from the best AIC tune and it's got such a weird plodding groove. I don't get why people love it so much but it's a staple around Cincinnati and if you want to play in a hard rock cover band, you know you're gonna audition with Man In a Box.

• Members

I'm gonna disagree somewhat w/ the "No CCR" idea. Here's us doin' a CCR tune for the first time, unrehearsed, this weekend. Turned out to be fun to play, for a slow tune. We'll prolly keep it.

[video=youtube;g7V1Ax70tNA]

However. . . if I have to play Proud Mary one more time, I'm gonna plotz.

• Members

Lots of good choices here: I was going to say "Sweet Home Alabama" I used to love the song but is like way over extended now. Mustang Sally and Wipeout of course. Just from the airplay alone would suggest "We Built This City" by Starship! Man that song grates on my nerves. Was also a lot of 80's crap. I bought an 80's greatest hits CD a few years back for a few favorite songs, but I can't listen to the rest of the CD. "Our House" Madness, "Hold Me Now" Thompson Twins, "Come on Eileen" Dexy's Midnight Runners, "Addicted to Love" Robert Palmer (great song, just so boring now), "Relax (Don't Do it)" Frankie Goes to Hollywood, "Rock This Town" Stray Cats, "One Thing Leads to Another" The Fixx and so on.

There are some others that are on the tip of my tongue but I can't think of them right now. Great topic!

Archived