Worst drum products of the past 10 years...

SyntheticTubs

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This:
javascript:window.close();

http://www.steveweissmusic.com/product/1104495/promark-drum-sticks

Sounds and looks logical and practical. But clip wears out like a "chip clip" and/or sticks are too heavy or tubes get loose and swing. I have mine touching the floor for support and clamped to my smallest diameter stand because it's worn out.

• Members

This:

javascript:window.close();

Sounds and looks logical and practical. But clip wears out like a "chip clip" and/or sticks are too heavy or tubes get loose and swing. I have mine touching the floor for support and clamped to my smallest diameter stand because it's worn out.

I picked up one of those. first gig I used it on, it dumped my sticks behind the riser, which was an inch from the wall. rrrrgh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I knew the guy who sold that idea to Pearl. He invented it in prison and gave me 2 of the prototypes. They used to just clamp on without the chip clip thing, just metal covered with plastic coating. I'll dig one out and take a pic. I used to use them all the time, one on the right one on the left. I loved em. He gave them to me about 20-25 years ago.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Just curious...why would you think this is a bad product? Drummers deal with sliding bass drums till this day. I was at a gig, forgot my carpet and couldn't pin my drum to the wood floor. Something compact and easy to fit into stick bag would be great!

Why do you not think it good?

Archived