national do not call list (cell phones)

B-Bottom

• Members

I recieved an email from a co worker that states that within the next few weeks tele marketers will begin targeting cell phones. And you will be charged for the call. This doens't sound right to me at all, and it really doens't sound legal. Anywho the email gives a number 888 382 1222. it says it's the national registry and gives a web site you can go to as well donotcall.gov

Does anyone know if this is legit

• Members

Originally posted by B-Bottom

thanks for the info
:D

I'm not exactly comfortable with the explaination of how this won't be used for EVIL, but it's not going to be an immediate disaster.

• Members

Originally posted by chunkathalon

nice to not own a cell phone sometimes.

That's right, I'm getting all high and mighty.

WARNING: A man has been spotted in the Portland Oregon area without an electronic leash. If you see this man... DO NOT TRY TO APPREHEND ...CALL YOUR LOCAL AUTHORITIES

• Members

Originally posted by chunkathalon

nice to not own a cell phone sometimes.

That's right, I'm getting all high and mighty.

Ditto......I can't stand the thought of someone being able to reach me 24/7. As it is, my home phone is shut off most of the time and I let the machine (that's right, I don't have "voice-mail") get it

• Members

Originally posted by MrsStevieMac

Ditto......I can't stand the thought of someone being able to reach me 24/7. As it is, my home phone is shut off most of the time and I let the machine (that's right, I don't have "voice-mail") get it

I was basically homeless for a couple months a few years ago (staying on people's couches) and a co-worker loaned me his cell. People started calling me for no reason. I disliked it.

• Members

Originally posted by SA Rios

Isn't that what caller ID is for? If I don't recognize a phone number, I don't answer it. Very simple. I only talk to the people I want to talk to.

Many cell phone companies will charge you for the minute, even if you don't answer, especially if they leave a voicemail.

• Members

Originally posted by The Ox

Many cell phone companies will charge you for the minute, even if you don't answer, especially if they leave a voicemail.

Heh, like telemarketers are gonna leave a message. "Hello Mr. Jones, this is Sears and we'd like to sell you some vinyl siding. Please call us at..."

Pyeah right.

• Members

Originally posted by Mudbass

Heh, like telemarketers are gonna leave a message. "Hello Mr. Jones, this is Sears and we'd like to sell you some vinyl siding. Please call us at..."

Pyeah right.

dude, don't laugh, that's happened to me multiple times. They leave their name, number, and extension.

• Members

Originally posted by Mofopotomus

dude, don't laugh, that's happened to me multiple times. They leave their name, number, and extension.

You're kidding. I've never had that happen. Telemarketers are bad enough...but stupid telemarketers? :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by MrsStevieMac

Pffft, get with the times lady!! :rolleyes::D

• Members

Originally posted by Mudbass

You're kidding. I've never had that happen. Telemarketers are bad enough...but
stupid
telemarketers?
:mad:

yeah, to date it's happened to me TWICE. But I don't blame the telemarketers...i blame the companies. The actual telemarketers are basically under the thumbs of the companies they work for.

• Members

As far as I know, cell phones are the same as regular home corded phones. For do not call lists. Sounds good to me. With all those peeps who'd die without a phone to take with them to grocery store, to take with while taking out the garbage, soas to talk on ophone while at restaurant cause thats chic or something, etc etc. Seems fitting they should get as many spam calls as regular phones. Lol.

Archived