(Hockey) Forsberg signs...

MrJoshua

• Members

Originally posted by Bonoman

I don't think that's a bad thing, though. I'm looking forward to seeing how all the new rules and the new team-makeups play out.

New rules, yes, but I'm not looking forward to seeing the Leafs sucking. JFJ really missed the boat this time, and it's a friggin' convoy passing by this time around. :(

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Thrash Jazz

New rules, yes, but I'm not looking forward to seeing the Leafs sucking. JFJ really missed the boat this time, and it's a friggin' convoy passing by this time around.
:(

Just remember, it's a long season, and just because things look bleak now doesn't mean they will remain so. Remember the 1995 season? At the beginning of the season we looked like the strongest team in the league. We made no trades or anything of the sort during the season, and we ended in second last. It's hockey - anything can happen. As long as we don't sign Eric "My Head Is Made Of Marshmellows" Lindross I will hold out hope.

• Members

Originally posted by Bonoman

Just remember, it's a long season, and just because things look bleak now doesn't mean they will remain so. Remember the 1995 season? At the beginning of the season we looked like the strongest team in the league. We made no trades or anything of the sort during the season, and we ended in second last. It's hockey - anything can happen. As long as we don't sign Eric "My Head Is Made Of Marshmellows" Lindross I will hold out hope.

That is very true... however, it does seem like they're one of the few teams that is standing by and waiting... that could be a good thing I guess.

I wonder what will happen with Mogilny... personally I think he's really good when he plays, but he gets hurt too often... under the cap system that'll probably be a bigger factor, I'd imagine.

They were saying this morning about how Philly may be {censored}ing themselves, since they're over the cap already (probably not now that Roenick's gone) and the cap is likely to come down next year. I guess we'll see...

Agreed on Lindros too. Hopefully the Leafs learned from Owen Nolan not to sign guys that used to be able to play well but then caught the injury bug.

• Members

Originally posted by MrJoshua

The only Nashville signing I've seen so far is Danny Markov. I've never seen him play, I don't think. Any Philly fans want to give me a rundown?

Markov is a pretty good 3rd or 4th D-man, he was one of my favourite Leafs when he played there. He hits HARD and he has a pretty good shot. Makes the odd bonehead play, but hopefully he's learned a bit since then.

• Members

Flyers and Flames in the final, that's my prediction. Flames take it in 7. :D

As for the Leafs, I'm praying Antropov will go play in Russia. He's one of the worst players on the team, and with all the good skaters still available, I can't believe the Leafs are worrying about him. He's a big guy, but he plays like an injured {censored}. He never hits, and he can't skate to save his life. Same goes for Kaberle, worst defenseman on the team. He's being paid $2.3 million and they can't even offer $2M to Roberts??? Trade Kaberle, send Antropov packing and sign some Canadian players who will actually play with some heart. The Leafs are quickly becoming a team of Europansies. :mad:

I'm glad they made an offer to Belak, I hope he stays. Since Domi will probably leave, Belak will have to step up his game and be the new enforcing leader on the team.

• Members

Its going to be a "feeling out" year. Its like someone playing Volleyball yelled "Rotate" and all the big time players switched teams.

I think chemistry is a huge factor in hockey. And none of these teams really have time to develope that chemistry so the year is going to "feel" weird to me.

For me, I have the Grind Line without Darren McCarty. Thats screwed up.

What im looking forward to seeing is the redline gone. I love hockey, and I will love hockey more without the friggin Trap.

• Members

The chemistry comment is an interesting one. That's one reason I'm thinking Nashville is going to do really well early in the season. They've made very little changes to their lineup. They picked up Markov, and let I think three or four skaters go. But otherwise, they kept pretty much everyone.

• Members

Dude, seriously... Flyers won't get to the finals & unless Kiprusoff signs with Calgary, neither will they.

I think Vancouver looks the toughest out of the West. Edmonton will play good D but they don't have any scorers. The Wings will get beat up w/o any tough guys & if they don't sign Datzyuk they're hosed. Who else?

• Members

Originally posted by zachoff

Dude, seriously... Flyers won't get to the finals & unless Kiprusoff signs with Calgary, neither will they.

I think Vancouver looks the toughest out of the West. Edmonton will play good D but they don't have any scorers. The Wings will get beat up w/o any tough guys & if they don't sign Datzyuk they're hosed. Who else?

I don't think Calgary will have a problem getting Kiprusoff back, but you're right, they won't go far without a solid goalie. Same with Philly. I was only half joking with my prediction.

I still think Calgary has the best team in the west. Vancouver is still missing Bertuzzi for now, and they still need 2 defensemen. Calgary's done really well so far signing Iginla, McCarty, Amonte and Leopold. All those dudes are tough.

In the east, I think Boston will make a good run at it, as will Philly depending on their goalie situation.

The wings are done IMO. Finally!! :D

• Members

Originally posted by KeroseneTrewthe

The Wings NEED Domi!!!

I heard rumors of John Leclair possibly going to Detroit. Anyone hear that too? Or did he resign with Philly?

LeClaire is gone from Philly, too expensive to keep around.

Domi isn't the enforcer he used to be, the past few seasons he's been trying to be a goal scorer. When he trains hard, he's actually a great player. He doesn't mix it up like he used to, but he's got a lot of heart and can get the whole team pumped up. The Leafs hold a skill competition each year, people are always surprised when Domi wins fastest skater.

Domi would be a great addition to any team, but don't look to him to destroy people.

• Members

Not so fast!

The Wings are playing Columbus and Chicago many more times this year because of the new schedule.
:D

They might stand a chance against Chicago, but in Columbus, Foote will run over everyone and Nash will shoot the lights out.

Detroit's done!! :D

• Members

Not so fast!

The Wings are playing Columbus and Chicago many more times this year because of the new schedule.
:D

And Nashville! :) What's the regular-season record between Nashville and Detroit over the last couple of years again?

• Members

The Wings NEED Domi!!!

It would be nice for CuJo to play with an old friend, but since CuJo's such a wanker anyhow and totally screwed up his chances for a Cup, I don't really care. Take Domi. Yzerman needs somebody to hold his wlking-sticks while he's on the ice.:D:p

Archived