Doc Martens

Thunderbroom

• Members

Comfortable or Too Hyped (or Both or Neither)?

My wife is hounding me for Christmas gift ideas. I'm not a big fan of wearing tennis shoes/sneakers on stage. I normally wear my black work boots. While they look cool, they're uncomfortable. I'm thinking a nice low-cut black shoe would work better. I'm all about the comfort though as I'll wear these too work also and am on my feet most of the day.

I like the looks of this one:

b-nppa1561zfdm-28.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

last count, i've got 5 pairs of docs (well, 4 plus the new pair i'm getting for christmas). i love 'em. my oxblood 10-eyes are about 12 or 13 years old, and still as good as the day they were new. i've also got the wingtip dress shoes, a pair of blue 14-eyes with the DMS sole and the christmas ones this year are black 14-eyes with the bouncing sole.

i like 'em, but i can see how others may not. they do get heavy after while (at least the ones with the bouncing sole do)...

• Members

Originally posted by B-Bottom

that's all i wear are chucks and docs. Oh and running shoes but that's just for the gym.

yup, I wear chucks about 10 months of the year, but damn they suck in the snow, so the other time the docs go on...I have been wearing this pair for 10 years now..

• Members

Originally posted by greenshag

yup, I wear chucks about 10 months of the year, but damn they suck in the snow, so the other time the docs go on...I have been wearing this pair for 10 years now..

you do the exact same thing as i do. chucks are probably the most impractical shoe ever invented but damn if I haven't been wearing black chucks for the past 15 or more years. One pair wears out, I get a new pair. I'm like a freaking cartoon character....I always have the same things on

• Members

Originally posted by B-Bottom

you do the exact same thing as i do. chucks are probably the most impractical shoe ever invented but damn if I haven't been wearing black chucks for the past 15 or more years. One pair wears out, I get a new pair. I'm like a freaking cartoon character....I always have the same things on

crazy, same with me...I just recently started wearing the black mono's instead of the usual black chucks...but yup, I seem to wear a uniform of black clothing, not gothic or any {censored} like that, I just hate trying to match up clothes.

• Members

Originally posted by greenshag

crazy, same with me...I just recently started wearing the black mono's instead of the usual black chucks...but yup, I seem to wear a uniform of black clothing, not gothic or any {censored} like that, I just hate trying to match up clothes.

The majority of my t shirts are black as well. it's not intentional it's just that the cooler shirts seem to be black.

In the past year or two i have staarted to put black laces in my chucks so I guess I'm breaking my usual motif....even if it is just a bit

• CMS Author

I'm in New Balance running shoes about 98% of the time. The rest is split between some Timberland boots, that pair of Skechers from page1, a pair of Bruno Magli dress shoes, and some Timberland handsewns that aren't nearly as comfortable as the originals...I had a pair that I wore the soles out completely, and stupidly assumed I could replace so I tossed them instead of resoling.

Archived