What's up with gas prices?

Thunderbroom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

Why was/is there a $0.50 difference within two days, 185 miles, and over a holiday weekend?

It's actually been dropping here over a two week span, TB. I read an article that mentioned a couple reasons why the gas is a lot less (they seemed feasible, so I didn't completely write it off).

1-After Labor Day, the normal vacation season is over, and as such, the demand goes down.

2-Due to the incredible gas prices this summer, the number of people driving places for vacations has declined, resulting in a small surplus.

• Members

Originally posted by One Bad Monkey

2-Due to the incredible gas prices this summer, the number of people driving places for vacations has declined, resulting in a small surplus.

Wait, you're not talking about Americans are you?

They don't know how to conserve, they just know how to complain. :p

• Members

I believe this is the oil companies lulling us into a false sense of security. Gas prices always drop at the end of summer, and have consistently started to rise right around christmas, only to hit unparallelled heights the next summer.

This pattern has repeated for the last 5 years, and I wouldn't anticipae a change in the near future.

California is back under 3 a gallon. Rather than being happy about that, I see it as a sure sign that it will be about $3.60 or more next June.

• Members

Originally posted by Rumble Bass

I read another reason is the expectation of big hurricanes again this summer drove the price up, but this hasn't happened so prices are adjusting. Basically just another reason for them to hike the price.

I blame Global Cooling! :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by One Bad Monkey

1-After Labor Day, the normal vacation season is over, and as such, the demand goes down.

I don't buy into that crap.

The bottomline is that there is an election coming up in a couple months, and the Republicans wish to keep Congress to themselves.

Archived