What's up with gas prices?

Thunderbroom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you don't think there is collusion between big oil and the party in power, you're living in as dream world. It absolutely has to do with making people feel more complacent around election time.

Ditto with the oil in the Gulf. They already knew it was there. They had to drill 5 {censored}ing miles down to get it. it's a carefully timed announcement.

See? We don't need to worry about seeking alternative energy sources...hey we just found a {censored}load of oil! These {censored}ers have so much control and have made so goddam much money, you'd better bet they will do anything to keep on that gravy train.

They're betting you CAN fool all the people all the time.

Or at least at election time...when it counts. :p

• Members
Originally posted by bnyswonger

If you don't think there is collusion between big oil and the party in power, you're living in as dream world. It absolutely has to do with making people feel more complacent around election time.

Ditto with the oil in the Gulf. They already knew it was there. They had to drill 5 {censored}ing
miles
down to get it. it's a carefully timed announcement.

See? We don't need to worry about seeking alternative energy sources...hey we just found a {censored}load of oil! These {censored}ers have so much control and have made so goddam much money, you'd better bet they will do
anything
to keep on that gravy train.

Or at least at election time...when it counts.
:p

They have my vote!:D
C7

• Members

Originally posted by crabfunk

WTF? I live within an hour of three refineries in NW Washington state, and the lowest price I saw today was $2.89/gallon. Most of the Chevrons and Shells are at $3.19, as they have been since July. Price gouging mother{censored}ers.

It's likely that your state requires special blends in the summer. Central Ohio does not.

• Members
Originally posted by bnyswonger

Ditto with the oil in the Gulf. They already knew it was there. They had to drill 5 {censored}ing
miles
down to get it. it's a carefully timed announcement.

See? We don't need to worry about seeking alternative energy sources...hey we just found a {censored}load of oil! These {censored}ers have so much control and have made so goddam much money, you'd better bet they will do
anything
to keep on that gravy train.

Or at least at election time...when it counts.
:p

But by this way of thinking, they could jack the price when they don't like the party in power, causing misery to rise. Are we to believe they are powerful enough to run things when they're happy, but not when they're mad?

• Members
Originally posted by thelurker

But by this way of thinking, they could jack the price when they don't like the party in power, causing misery to rise. Are we to believe they are powerful enough to run things when they're happy, but not when they're mad?

The Saudies did it so G. W. Bush could win the last election. I read it on the internets, it must be true (waits for reinstatement of Draft). :D

• Members
Originally posted by brake

FWIW, gas prices are lowering here, too.

Yeah, but every one knows that Canada is a lap-dog yes man to the eeeeville neo-cons in the US Gubmint;)

FWIW, the Canadians I have had the pleasure to serve (and drink ;) ) with were damn fine people, and you should be proud of them.

• Members
Originally posted by Ender_rpm

Yeah, but every one knows that Canada is a lap-dog yes man to the eeeeville neo-cons in the US Gubmint;)

FWIW, the Canadians I have had the pleasure to serve (and drink
;)
) with were damn fine people, and you should be proud of them.

For the curve to be accurate, someone has to make up for mikgag.

• Members
Originally posted by crabfunk

Really? I may be out of the loop, but I've never heard of that.

Love the avatar, by the way.

Places like LA, New York, other big cities and some states require that "special blend" gasoline be sold there (the EPA can declare this as well). This is one reason gas prices rise in the summer. Instead of making millions of gallons of "gasoline", they have to change the additives for LA, then for NY, then for Chicago, etc. I'm betting that Washington state also has some requirements.

As to the avatar, thanks! They signed it on that tour. Must have been a good day, they usually won't sign anything!:thu:

Archived