Michael Brecker

James Hart

• Members

Wow I hadn't heard till now. I saw him live at The Bottom Line in NYC in the mid 80's on my one and only visit there. I actually went to see Mike Stern, but Brecker blew me away. The whole band really was amazing. Michael Breaker was one of those artists that made you feel his music. Such a great loss, and to go at 57...only seven years away for me. Makes you think.

• Members

what a shame. James...you and I were just posting about a week ago about Bona.

Funny thing is .....about an hour before reading your post here I was listening to Mike Stern and Bona on Mike's tune he wrote and dedicated to Brecker.

• Members

icon15.gif:( :(

Brecker guested with our uni jazz ensemble back in...'89 I think, when I was playing really crappy guitar.

Near the end of the show, he had a hell of a semi-cutting session blowfest with a fourth year student. Simply amazing to hear and watch. I was wondering, "who is this student holding it together with Brecker??" Answer: Jeff Decker, now one of the performance faculty teachers here.

Anyway. You couldn't help but dig being in the same room and hearing Michael rehearse and then play live.

RIP...hope they got a top quality horn for you upstairs.

Archived