Webstrings - good?

Jim-Bass

• Members

I placed my first order on Friday, and they arrived here in Oz today - I'm impressed with that. And buying 2 packs, including postage, was only slightly more than 1 pack of the cheapest strings I can buy here (that I know of).

If you use strings from Webstrings, can you tell me what you think of them? I got 1 pack Nickel Roundwound and 1 pack Stainless Steel Roundwound, just to try ( it'll be at least 6 months before I use both sets ) I'm always wary of putting on new strings ...especially when they don't have wrapping...I don't know why, just a personal thing - the red wrapping on Rotosound or Fender strings seemed to put a message in my bass brain: Red or Black Wrapping = Good.

• Members

"good" is subjective, so it depends who you ask. I am always in search of the good 'cheap string' :D. I bought 12 packs (Nickel Wounds) and they are in the so-and-so, "meh", not crazy about 'em category for me. However, Thumper and Apendecto both swear by them and would tell you that "DRF is a knucklehead". Besides, I'm being picky: I can pretty much use any Nickel Roundwound string by any manufacturer as long as they are fresh

• Members

I've got heavy SS rounds on my Jazz, Flats on my SB, and the nickel wounds on my Parker. I didn't care for the guitar strings at first, but after they settled in, they're fine. Will prolly go back to DRs next chance I get. The bass strings are sweet though. The SS rounds kick ass, esp for pickstyle, and the flats are thumpy and warm, but defined. I';ve used the nickle RW with equally good results. Plus, they're cheap. Woo hoo.

Archived