Need good, affordable hearing protection

Ender_rpm

• Members

Yup, a day spent standing next to the drum kit for rehearsal made me go "You know, I need me some ear plugs, this F)$%*$)ers LOUD!!!" So what do ya'll use, reccomend? I have some plugs I got issued for use at the gun range, but I was hoping for something slightly more elegant looking :)

• Members

+1

These are basically the best sounding earplugs you will get for the price, virtually flat response, 20dB quieter, perfect.

The main upgrade you get from the fitted ones is the choice of filters, and the fact they are fitted to your ears so will naturally be a bit more comfortable, if you are going to be using them a lot, then it could be worth it, but the cheaper er20's are brilliant for the money.

David

• Members

I have a custom molded set, with replaceable filters (I have both 15db and 25's). The 15's are the ones I almost always use, they soften things up but don't kill the dynamics of the music. Expensive, tho...but worth it for the long haul.

Billy-B

• Members

I had a pair of molded ones until I lost them. They worked great if you don't smile or talk, then it changes the shape of your ear canal and tons of sound is let it. Kind of sucked when we practiced really loud and the drummer would nail a drum fill. I'd smile and then yell.

I'm using some form of Heros, I've seen a million different types out there.

Yo.

• Members

I'm stuck using the foam plugs until I can afford the custom molded variety. I have yet to find a filter-type earplug that isn't too big to fit in my ear canal. I have 3 different pairs, none of them will stay in unless I injure my ear drum seating them.:mad:

If only my {censored} were as tight as my ear canals...:o

C7

• Members

I'm stuck using the foam plugs until I can afford the custom molded variety. I have yet to find a filter-type earplug that isn't too big to fit in my ear canal. I have 3 different pairs, none of them will stay in unless I injure my ear drum seating them.
:mad:
If only my {censored} were as tight as my ear canals...
:o
C7

You might like aural sex then...:bor:

Yo.

Archived