The amazing fifty dollar bass!

J.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

If you are looking for a smasher, that would probably be a good choice... although I can't think for the life of me why anyone would smash a guitar on stage.... it's kinda played...

Sometimes crowds still dig it.

• Members

Fullerton was Music123's house brand, like Rogue is for Musician's Friend. There are a lot of things circulating in the rumor mill, among them being that Musician's Friend bought out Music123 and is therefore liquidating a lot of stuff, or that Music123 has gone bankrupt. Who knows.

A lot of the stock is sold out but they have a few pieces left. A bunch of guys over on the Acoustic Guitar forum here at HC bought some Fullertons and posted reviews.

• Members

Has anyone got their Fullerton yet who can say how it plays and whatnot?

If you google Fullerton you can find tons of websites with everything at clearance prices, not just music123. I found many different models all over the place. Wouldn't mind picking one up if they play alright...

• Members

Has anyone got their Fullerton yet who can say how it plays and whatnot?

If you google Fullerton you can find tons of websites with everything at clearance prices, not just music123. I found many different models all over the place. Wouldn't mind picking one up if they play alright...

I'll let ya know around Wednesday. Just ordered mine last night...still tryin to figure out how to tell my mom...

• Members

Hey perfessor, how do you like the tone/setup/electronics/hardware on your bass? I bought the fretted model of the one you have in black, so I was wondering what to expect from possibly getting new pups, preamp, bridge, tuners, setup, etc. Thanks
:thu:

I like it pretty much. The neck is alittle thin. I spaced the strings wider at the nut and that's about it. I have some noise when I use too much treble but I usually have the pots all the way fat which sounds very rich indeed.

• Members

I like it pretty much. The neck is alittle thin. I spaced the strings wider at the nut and that's about it. I have some noise when I use too much treble but I usually have the pots all the way fat which sounds very rich indeed.

What's the width at the nut perchance? It looks about like a P neck...but it doesn't say and I can't REALLY tell. and what kinda neck pocket does it have? is it an odd shape or a Fender-adaptable?

• Members

What's the width at the nut perchance? It looks about like a P neck...but it doesn't say and I can't REALLY tell. and what kinda neck pocket does it have? is it an odd shape or a Fender-adaptable?

1 9/16" wide. The strings at the nut were too narrow so I taped some wax paper around the nut, filled it with epoxy and painted it flat black. I then filed the string slots so the string spacing is as wide as my other bass. It's jazz bass wide out of the box. It's not Fender neck adaptable becuase of the trianglur shaped heel into the bass body.

• Members

1 9/16" wide. The strings at the nut were too narrow so I taped some wax paper around the nut, filled it with epoxy and painted it flat black. I then filed the string slots so the string spacing is as wide as my other bass. It's jazz bass wide out of the box. It's not Fender neck adaptable becuase of the trianglur shaped heel into the bass body.

That's f'in AMAZING! I is the neck profile similar or is it more flat? Sorry, I'm now REALLY excited about getting this bass.

• Moderators

By 'thin' do you mean front to back, or side to side?

For the record, I use thin and thick for front to back, perpendicular to the fretboard, and narrow and wide for side to side, parallel to the fretboard.

• Members

By 'thin' do you mean front to back, or side to side?

For the record, I use thin and thick for front to back, perpendicular to the fretboard, and narrow and wide for side to side, parallel to the fretboard.

I mean thin as front to back. I also use narrow and wide for side to side. Sorry, I should clarify on that. Basically I was wondering if it was C-shaped like a Jazz neck too.

Archived