I made a guy cry at the Police concert!

The Aardvark

• Members
I saw the Police on Monday in St. Louis. (They were great by the way :thu::D:love::p) We were sitting in the nose-bleed section in the back off to one side. The couple directly in front of us stood the entire concert. They were the only ones standing in our section. No, they didn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Mark it down on the calendar that I agree with bholder. If the majority of people in a section are sitting down, they have a right to view the concert. Be considerate of the people behind you. If you want to dance after the show, go see the top 40 cover band playing at the neighborhood bar or use the stored up frustration of energy in the sack later.

• Members

Interesting point; I thought I was the only one who is annoyed by people standing in front of me. I paid to see the concert and an assigned seat came with the ticket. I don't mind someone standing now and then, but at the last such concert that I attended (Fleetwood Mac reunion tour) the jerks in front of us stood through the entire concert. After that experience I decided that my attendance at concerts where there are assigned seats will be far less in the future.

JR

• Members

At the Police concert here in New Orleans, the ladies stood up and danced for the radio songs. They sat down for the ones they didn't know.

So likewise, we had to stand for some songs and sit for others. There were lots of very pretty ladies there, so no one was going to tell them to stop letting everyone look at them!

• Members

I can't believe the guy cried over your observation. What a big wuss. Speaking of, last night at the Frampton concert I noticed some woman having a disagreement with some big dude over who knows what (couldn't hear them because of the music blasting). Anyway this woman pushes the big dude and he falls backward while taking out some lawn chairs like Godzilla falling on buildings in cardboard Tokyo! The guy can barely get up from the wreckage and when he finally does, what's he gonna do? Go after the woman? No, he goes after her boyfriend and makes matters worse by spitting on the guy. What a doofis.

• Members
Mark it down on the calendar that I agree with bholder. If the majority of people in a section are sitting down, they have a right to view the concert. Be considerate of the people behind you. If you want to dance after the show, go see the top 40 cover band playing at the neighborhood bar or use the stored up frustration of energy in the sack later.

Hehe - had to happen sooner or later. :wave:

Another point I think is fair to mention is that this was most likely a rather high ticket price show, even for the nosebleed section. If it had been a $25 ticket, or a show held in more of a club/bar setting, I wouldn't react the same way at all. For big name act shows with expensive tickets and assigned seating, folks should respect others' right to see the damn show that they paid for.

• Members

is it just me who thinks he didnt cry over what he said but rather what she said. Either way hes still a {censored} but i think that he is still a dick too

I agree - it was her comment that he was really responding to, and that really makes him look like a wuss.

• Members
Fair enough. I think maybe I read it as more of a bullying than it actually was, so sorry if I over-reacted. I still stand behind my sentiment, though. If the guy wants to dance at a concert, or at least attempt to, let him. That's what concerts are for, especially ones as expensive as the Police because you really want to get your money's worth. And you're right - the guy was a {censored} to cry. He should have told you, or more appropriately the guy who actually told him to sit down, to go {censored} yourselves and kept right on dancing.

I made boalg cry once by making fun of his vagina. I would have said penis there, but... well... it's boalg.
:freak:

You're not gonna cry are you??

I thought you were going outside to breathe the French air and read your Clinton book?

• Members
It's funny. I've gone to a number of concerts (Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Cockburn, Richard Thompson) in PDX and seen people doing the trippy-hippy dance thing.

It's all well and good for them to 'express themselves', but heaven forbid when someone asks them to show some courtesy to other concert goers and not block their view.
:rolleyes:

Tippy-hippy dance must be what I call the wood nymph dance. Just kind of moving around, no real beat-matching movements, just swaying in the wind.

• Members
Hehe - had to happen sooner or later.
:wave:

Another point I think is fair to mention is that this was most likely a rather high ticket price show, even for the nosebleed section. If it had been a $25 ticket, or a show held in more of a club/bar setting, I wouldn't react the same way at all. For big name act shows with expensive tickets and assigned seating, folks should respect others' right to see the damn show that they paid for.

Mark it down on the calendar that I disagree with bholder. :D

This is a rock and roll concert, not an opera. There is a presumption that people will dance at a rock and roll concert! There is no such presumption at a movie theater.

If it's rock and roll, people's right to dance trumps people's right to sit on their asses as if they're watching TV (which is literally what they're doing if they're sitting in the nose bleeds seats). And dancing in the aisles generally breaks fire regs.

I'm 35 years old and not getting any younger. But if I ever ask someone to sit at a rock and roll show, please kill me - I've grown old enough. Thanks.:)

• Members
Mark it down on the calendar that I disagree with bholder.
:D

This is a rock and roll concert, not an opera. There is a presumption that people will dance at a rock and roll concert! There is no such presumption at a movie theater.

If it's rock and roll, people's right to dance trumps people's right to sit on their asses as if they're watching TV (which is literally what they're doing if they're sitting in the nose bleeds seats). And dancing in the aisles generally breaks fire regs.

I'm 35 years old and not getting any younger. But if I ever ask someone to sit at a rock and roll show, please kill me - I've grown old enough. Thanks.
:)

obviously youre not a friend to the physically disabled. ;)

• Members
Tippy-hippy dance must be what I call the wood nymph dance. Just kind of moving around, no real beat-matching movements, just swaying in the wind.

That would be it. It seems to be a common phenomena in PDX. :D

Archived