I made a guy cry at the Police concert!

The Aardvark

• Members

I saw the Police on Monday in St. Louis. (They were great by the way :thu::D:love::p) We were sitting in the nose-bleed section in the back off to one side. The couple directly in front of us stood the entire concert. They were the only ones standing in our section. No, they didn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God forbid somebody should try to enjoy themselves at a rock n' roll show... :rolleyes:

Let him dance. That's what people do at concerts. Or, that's what they do at the good ones, anyhow. If people couldn't see, guess what? They've got legs, too! They could stand up also. And who knows? Maybe the rhythm will even get to them and they might tap their feet also. Regardless, I don't think you should be feeling quite as proud of yourself as you seem to. It's funny to ruin somebody's good time? Next time you have a parade, I hope it rains.

• Members

God forbid somebody should try to enjoy themselves at a rock n' roll show...
:rolleyes:

Let him dance. That's what people do at concerts. Or, that's what they do at the good ones, anyhow. If people couldn't see, guess what? They've got legs, too! They could stand up also. And who knows? Maybe the rhythm will even get to them and they might tap their feet also. Regardless, I don't think you should be feeling quite as proud of yourself as you seem to. It's funny to ruin somebody's good time? Next time you have a parade, I hope it rains.

+1

• Members

Only Aardvark wasn't the one who told him to sit. Dude should have found out who to give {censored} to before giving it. He'll live.

• Members

Proud of myself? No. But it is funny that when he thought I was complaining about him standing he was cavalier and indifferent and then 3 seconds later was crying. "Instant Karma gonna get you..." I wasn't really trying to hurt his feelings, it is just apparently hard not to do.

• Members

It's funny. I've gone to a number of concerts (Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Cockburn, Richard Thompson) in PDX and seen people doing the trippy-hippy dance thing.

It's all well and good for them to 'express themselves', but heaven forbid when someone asks them to show some courtesy to other concert goers and not block their view. :rolleyes:

• Members

{censored} that, if they want to dance at a paid-for assigned seating concert, let them do so where they're not blocking anyone's view - like out in the lobby or the parking lot. It pisses me off that people think they have the right to do {censored} like this, and ruin other peoples' experience of a concert they paid to see. It pisses me off when assholes think their right to enjoy things as they see fit gives them the right to ruin everyone elses' evening. Assholes.

• Members

agree. They are in a place where everybody sit down, so sit down if they suck other's view.

You can't dance when sit downed, but you can sing, clap hands, move your leg with the beat.... and respect all others.

• Members

{censored} that, if they want to dance at a paid-for assigned seating concert, let them do so where they're not blocking anyone's view - like out in the lobby or the parking lot. It pisses me off that people think they have the right to do {censored} like this, and ruin other peoples' experience of a concert they paid to see. It pisses me off when assholes think their right to enjoy things as they see fit gives them the right to ruin everyone elses' evening. Assholes.

+1 If you you are the only one dancing in a section where everyone is sitting, you are a dick. Likewise, if you are the only one bitching about everyone that is dancing, you are a dick.

• Members

It's good to know that the groovamatic funkatronic bass forum is so resolutely opposed to dancing. :rolleyes:

It's true, though, if the guy really wanted to get down, he should've gone down to the floor or what have you. You know, there's generally that area right in front of the stage.

• Members

It's true, though, if the guy really wanted to get down, he should've gone down to the floor or what have you. You know, there's generally that area right in front of the stage.

Depending on the venue, you can't just go down right in front of the stage. You need a ticket that states you are on the floor.

• Members

It's good to know that the groovamatic funkatronic bass forum is so resolutely opposed to dancing.

I'm not opposed to dancing, I'm opposed to inconsiderate assholes gratifying themselves while ruining experiences other people paid to have. Nothing wrong with dancing, there's a place for it. That place isn't in your assigned seat, if doing so blocks other peoples' views.

How would you feel if someone sitting in front of you in a movie theater decided to stand and dance through the whole movie, blocking your view? It's exactly the same thing.

• Members

I sing along with the songs quite loud at concerts, to the point where I'm as loud as the singer in the band I'm watching.

People don't seem to like it, as I have a bad voice, but screw them, I'm enjoying the concert. If they don't like my singing, they have lungs too. It's just what people do at concerts, and they should know that I'm going to be interrupting their enjoyment of the band they paid to see.

The way I see it, I paid to get in and watch the band, and everyone else paid to get in and watch me watch the band.

• Members

Bull{censored}, there's aisles, foyers, lobbys, and parking lots for that sort of thing.

Aisles aren't meant for dancing.

I'm not sure where I stand on this one. When we went to the Who concert awhile back, it was half and half. Half were standing, half were sitting.

If I'm sitting, do you think I'm going to tell the other half to sit down? No way.

• Members

It's good to know that the groovamatic funkatronic bass forum is so resolutely opposed to dancing.

you hear that sound? It was the point flying right over your head.

Archived