OK, so I like Bon Jovi...

chubrocker

• Members

I'll admit my guilt!! I've liked them since hearing "Runaway" on the radio for the first time as a kid. My best friend's mom worked at the local radio station and I remember her bringing home 9800 Degrees Fahrenheit to him one day. It seemed like a magical day looking back on it. How F'ing cheesy is that?! hehe

I hated that they got put into the hair metal stuff since I liked "real" metal at the time (Ozzy, Ratt, Crue, etc. ;) ). I always thought they were more like Bryan Adams with flashy clothes. hehe

Anyhoo, as a band who has created a large body of music over 20+ years, I still like their music.

I do wish they'd make the bass player a real member. He's on most of their recorded stuff anyways--even when they had sucky bass player.

OK, I feel better about getting this off my chest. I feel so clean now. :cool:

• Members

I'll admit my guilt!! I've liked them since hearing "Runaway" on the radio for the first time as a kid. My best friend's mom worked at the local radio station and I remember her bringing home 9800 Degrees Fahrenheit to him one day. It seemed like a magical day looking back on it. How F'ing cheesy is that?! hehe

I hated that they got put into the hair metal stuff since I liked "real" metal at the time (Ozzy, Ratt, Crue, etc.
;)
). I always thought they were more like Bryan Adams with flashy clothes. hehe

Anyhoo, as a band who has created a large body of music over 20+ years, I still like their music.

I do wish they'd make the bass player a real member. He's on most of their recorded stuff anyways--even when they had sucky bass player.

OK, I feel better about getting this off my chest. I feel so clean now.
:cool:

21 years ago when I met my wife she had a poster on the wall of Bon Jovi. she put ona Rcord for me to hear.....I told her they were just a flash in the pan with all the other long feathered haired pretty boys......

I was wrong on that one! lol

• Members

I hated that they got put into the hair metal stuff since I liked "real" metal at the time (Ozzy, Ratt, Crue, etc.
;)
). I always thought they were more like Bryan Adams with flashy clothes. hehe

did you like "real" metal or ratt and the crue?

:confused:

• Members

"Dumb down music" ......because rock and roll is intended to educate......

No kidding. There are a lot of superb, high brow musicians who couldn't write a good rockin' pop song to save their lives. Bon Jovi always had the gift of good song writing, the fact that you don't need a masters degree and an 8 string fretless bass to play it has no meaning on the quality of the songs. It's all about fun.

Archived