Gigging While Sick

Thunderbroom

• Members

That makes no sense. This isn't fun when there's no competition. Quit giving me more reasons to think your a dumbass.

I already know you are a dumass:p

now go overdose on some nyquil:evil:

Dude. I am Just yanking your chain dont take this {censored} so serious:D

• Members
I'm not sure exactly what I have, but I've slept most of the last two days, have a constant headache, congestion and just overall achy.

We've got a gig today, and I've got to load up the PA and leave by 4:15p.

I feel like absolute {censored}.

:(

Tell me what a {censored} I'm being and to shut the eff up.

:idea:
:D

if you are sick you are sick

you might be able to get through the gig without the headache but thats the thing that usually {censored}s me up the worst.

explosive diarhea will probably not be good either.........

lol

• Members

DAYQUIL!!! Like 3 times the normal dose. Seriously, and then right when you get done packing up, AFTER THE SHOW, do 2x the normal dose of Nyquil.

^

And I wouldn't tell someone to do something that was dangerous.

um..... yes you did

I've done it more than once and nothing bad happened

maybe not to you but someone else may not have the resistance that you do.

you cant take OTC stuff like that without negative effects.

BTW nyquil/dayquil is about the only stuff that works for me when I have a cold. but I wouldnt take 3X the dose

• Members

Played a gig with Starfront the day after I had my appendix removed. You know that whole "don't do anything strenuous, take a week off work, etc" crap? Yeah, for the record a gig {censored}ing qualifies under that list of {censored} you aren't supposed to do. I was bleeding from one of the surgery areas by the end of the gig and had to go back to the hospital. Doctor couldn't believe me.

After every 2-3 songs, I had to duck back behind my bass stack and puke, I was in so much freakin' pain.

Rocked it out, though.

• Members

Just got back from the gig. I think it's the medicine I needed. I was draggin' ass on the way there and setting up the PA but about a song into the first set and I was wired. Got another gig tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping I feel good when I wake up in a few hours.

Used the Univox head tonight. I really had to push it to be heard so I don't think it's gonna see use at an outside gig again. I'll gig at a club with it though.

• Moderators

maybe not to you but someone else may not have the resistance that you do.

you cant take OTC stuff like that without negative effects.

BTW nyquil/dayquil is about the only stuff that works for me when I have a cold. but I wouldnt take 3X the dose

Besides, it could kill half your liver. You wouldn't notice it for years, but the damage would be done.

Archived