OT: Brag/Complain about your football team

Super_Donut_Man

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You mean him + Randy Moss are better than Palmer + Johnson, and the other cupcakes they've played so far...
;)

We'll see how they do IN Dallas and IN Indy...
:p

Plus, it's not like they even blew out the Bengals last night. Especially with the personnel Cinci lost during the game. It should've been much higher than that, if you wanted to impress me, Mary.
;)

Nah. It isn't Brady + Moss. It's Brady + Belichick. I really doubt he'd be as successful in any other franchise. They have this weird father/son buttsecks thing going on :freak: but damn do they play good football.

• Members

The Green Bay Packers are the greatest team in the history of the NFL. Sure, they've had some (well, many) years when they were the worst team in the league, but they've got mojo with no end.

My favorite thing about the Packers is that the team is owned by the community. Unlike a team like the Vikings that can threaten to go somewhere else if the taxpayers don't subsidize the new stadium they want, the Packers are permanently a Wisconsin fixture. I wish all football teams were like that.

Brett Favre is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. I wonder what he could've done if he'd ever been given an offensive line that was worth a crap. He never has any time in the pocket, and he's still amazing. He'd be deadly if he had some of the time that other QB's do. The same is true of the late Reggie White. Imagine what he could've done if he wasn't double teamed on every single play. Most importantly, don't forget that awesome speech he gave at the Wisconsin State Congress in the late 90's.

The thing is, I really don't care about football. I didn't even know the Packers were 4 and 0 until I read this thread. It's just that having been born and raised in Wisconsin, I'm required by law to be a Packer fan.

I do love the way things are with the Packers. Wisconsin loves them no matter how good or bad they do. Favre is truly an all time great and I'm happy to see a resurgence from him.

• Members

Texas tanked. Colt was injured twice, IIRC. Some people never make it back from an injury and perform the same (shoulder from last year).

Tennessee, Indy and the Cowboys are all smokin' hot. Nice.
:cool:

That was hard to watch wasn't it. I haven't seen them that flat in a long time. KState for some reason seems to have our number. They beat us in '99 in pretty much the same fashion, except that one ended up 56-7. I can only hope that we can make the week after KSU the same this weekend as it was in 99 with a win over OU. This is hard for me to say, but I don't see that happening. We are very inconsistent this year, and we need an offense change to one that is more suitable for McCoy's strengths, assuming that he stays healthy, if not bring on True Frosh John Chiles, it couldn't go much worse. Regardless of how many we win/lose...I'm Diehard....HOOK 'EM

• Members

That was hard to watch wasn't it. I haven't seen them that flat in a long time. KState for some reason seems to have our number. They beat us in '99 in pretty much the same fashion, except that one ended up 56-7. I can only hope that we can make the week after KSU the same this weekend as it was in 99 with a win over OU. This is hard for me to say, but I don't see that happening. We are very inconsistent this year, and we need an offense change to one that is more suitable for McCoy's strengths, assuming that he stays healthy, if not bring on True Frosh John Chiles, it couldn't go much worse. Regardless of how many we win/lose...I'm Diehard....HOOK 'EM

I'm with ya buddy. :) This weekend just might get ugly on our end, I'm afraid.

• Members

I hate the Patriots. :mad:

The Browns need Brady Quinn.

The Ravens are beyond boring.

The Steelers are playing some great football this year.

The Packers and Bears are exciting to watch, as always seems to be.

Anyone, including our local high school team can beat the Jets.

The Chargers exploded yesterday!

The Bills didn't lose yesterday; they didn't play. ;)

I like the Lions, always have. This year they have an exciting offense. I think it will be fun watching this Thanksgiving. :thu:

That is all.

• Members

Your attention please. My Nebraska Cornhuskers are just not very good this year. That is all. :(

On a positive note: Danny Woodhead, the running back at my undergrad school (Chadron State College) just broke the NCAA all division career rushing record with over 7,000 yards. He is in his senior year at CSC. He was deemed too small and was not offered any Division I scholarships out of high school. Great story for my small undergrad college.

• Members

NFL - Seahawks (3-1). Best team in the worst division. Pathetic effort against Zona in week 2, but has rebounded nicely.

NCAA - UNC Tar Heels (1-4) - Rebuilding year with a new, real coach. Could easily be 3-2. Basketball team is pre-season #1
:D

UPDATE:

Seahawks: Didn't see it, but you don't need to watch a shutout to know your team didn't play well.

Heels: Looked really good against a rebuilding Miami team. I think Butch Davis is going to really turn this program around over the next few years.

Archived