OT: Brag/Complain about your football team

Super_Donut_Man

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

...Gunna miss most of the Pats tonite cause of practice, hopefully I'll get to see the second half...Oh yeah and Rockstarbassist I posted pics of the Genesis in the Jbass thread.

Cowboys/Pats coming up in a couple of weeks!

• Members

The Green Bay Packers are the greatest team in the history of the NFL. Sure, they've had some (well, many) years when they were the worst team in the league, but they've got mojo with no end.

My favorite thing about the Packers is that the team is owned by the community. Unlike a team like the Vikings that can threaten to go somewhere else if the taxpayers don't subsidize the new stadium they want, the Packers are permanently a Wisconsin fixture. I wish all football teams were like that.

Brett Favre is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. I wonder what he could've done if he'd ever been given an offensive line that was worth a crap. He never has any time in the pocket, and he's still amazing. He'd be deadly if he had some of the time that other QB's do. The same is true of the late Reggie White. Imagine what he could've done if he wasn't double teamed on every single play. Most importantly, don't forget that awesome speech he gave at the Wisconsin State Congress in the late 90's.

The thing is, I really don't care about football. I didn't even know the Packers were 4 and 0 until I read this thread. It's just that having been born and raised in Wisconsin, I'm required by law to be a Packer fan.

• Members

You mean him + Randy Moss are better than Palmer + Johnson, and the other cupcakes they've played so far... ;)

We'll see how they do IN Dallas and IN Indy... :p

Plus, it's not like they even blew out the Bengals last night. Especially with the personnel Cinci lost during the game. It should've been much higher than that, if you wanted to impress me, Mary. ;)

• Members
Looking at the way things are going right now, the Super Bowl is going to be either Dallas/Green Bay vs. Indianapolis/New England.

I'd like a Dallas v. Indy SB, please. :) With extra ranch!

Either way, I'll be happy with who wins.

Still have a long way to go, but you're probably close to that call.

• Members
You mean him + Randy Moss are better than Palmer + Johnson, and the other cupcakes they've played so far...
;)

We'll see how they do IN Dallas and IN Indy...
:p

Plus, it's not like they even blew out the Bengals last night. Especially with the personnel Cinci lost during the game. It should've been much higher than that, if you wanted to impress me, Mary.
;)

:D

The Browns were able to put up 51 against a much healthier Bengals D, your guys were only able to put up 34. Derek Anderson > Tom Brady.

:wave:

• Moderators
2 - My alma mater, Indiana University is actually 4-1 so far!
:eek:

And that 1 loss is to my Fighting Illini! I'd really like to know what's going on with Iowa. I would not have picked Indiana to win that game, but they did. Perhaps Iowa is not as good as they thought they were, but they did play Wisconsin close and barely lost to Iowa State.

• Members
New-England-Patriots-Helmet-Logo-Photofi

That is all.
:p

Not to mention the Pats are only the 2nd team to go 4-0 and beat all four opposing team by at least 20 points. The only other time this happened was so far back in NFL history that NFL teams (it was the Buffalo _____ (not Bills) ) were allowed to play non-NFL teams and count those wins/losses on their stats.

Archived