Goodbye old Avatar of woman with big boobies...

der oxenrig

• Members

Now the question is, how much of Thick as a Brick can you play?

I've learned side one and can play it with very few mistakes. I can nail all of the fast parts, but I tend to drop the occasional sour note when things are slower and I am not paying attention.

• Members

I've learned side one and can play it with very few mistakes. I can nail all of the fast parts, but I tend to drop the occasional sour note when things are slower and I am not paying attention.

Pretty much none of it. :p I haven't tried, though. The thing about Tull is I don't try to play any of their stuff at all; I just listen to it. The basslines are fantastic, but aren't to my style at all. I'm really not a versatile bassplayer at all.

Oh, and here's an enlarged version. Note the pothead in the background looking confused with the 40oz:

thickasabrick.jpg

• Members

Much of that (after the whole "poet sheathes his pen"-type verse) is just jamming, and learning it note4note is kinda beside the point.

My band used to perform it. We did N4N up to there, then we segued into the coda.

• Members

Much of that (after the whole "poet sheathes his pen"-type verse) is just jamming, and learning it note4note is kinda beside the point.

My band used to perform it. We did N4N up to there, then we segued into the coda.

That's also why I haven't learned a lot of the second half note for note. I can groove along, but I don't feel/want to learn all of the fills, I'd rather learn to groove better by making up my own. I LOVE that album.

• Members

got a transcription of that?

Archived