Another reason why men like curves

chris-dax

• Members

Another reason why men like curves

ncurves112.jpg

It is already known that curvaceous women live longer and that men find them more attractive but the new research suggests that they are also cleverer.

The study, to be published this week, shows that men who admire women with hourglass figures do so because they are more intelligent and therefore produce more intelligent children than waif-like women or those of "apple-shaped" proportions.

The case of Nigella Lawson appears to bear out the findings. Possessing perhaps Britain's most famous hourglass figure, the cookery presenter is also an Oxford graduate.

The scientists, from the University of California at Santa Barbara and the University of Pittsburgh, concluded that women with lower waist-to-hip ratios (WHR) produced children with better intellectual abilities.

They found that a woman's hips and thighs contained omega-3 fatty acids, which help nurture both mother and baby's brains during pregnancy. Fat around the waist, however, contains higher levels of omega-6 fatty acids, which does not help brain growth.

"Shapely hips and thighs hold essential nutrients that nurse brains and could produce smart kids, too," said one researcher, Steven Gaulin, of the University of California at Santa Barbara.

Scientific studies have consistently demonstrated that men through the ages have found women with hourglass figures more attractive.

A study published this year found that as far back as the ancient Egyptians men have sought out curvaceous women.

The researchers tested 16,000 women and girls and found that women with a greater difference between their waist and hip measurements scored significantly higher in the tests, as did their children.

The research suggests that children born to teenagers do worse in cognitive tests because their mothers did not have enough of the omega-3 acids stored in their hips.

Let the hilarity begin....:D

• Members

huh?

I do beg your pardon, sir. The article appeared in the London Telegraph, but clearly states the esteemed scientists hale from UCSB and UP. I was clearly too intent on estimating the subject's IQ and not not intent enough on the details of the story.

ncurves112.jpg

• Members

bones.jpg
thats a skeleton in a bone bag:eek:

that is a Mike Fitzwell opposite day avatar:poke:

man. she looks like my girlsfriends sister. my girlfriend however, looks like she's on the way to being a mike fitzwell avatar

that sounds quite mean. but im into it

• Members

They found that a woman's hips and thighs contained omega-3 fatty acids, which help nurture both mother and baby's brains during pregnancy. Fat around the waist, however, contains higher levels of omega-6 fatty acids, which does not help brain growth.

So if you're smart you can thank your mom's fat ass? Um, OK I guess.

• Members

So if you're smart you can thank your mom's fat ass? Um, OK I guess.

J Lo's new baby is going to be a {censored}ing genius then!

• Members

evs... it's all about the visual appeal, plain and simple. A guy wants something to look at, something to grab... he doesn't want a woman with the body of a 13 year old boy. And if he does... well...
:cop:

ugly...

bones.jpg

Ugh. She's not ugly, she is hideous and pathetic.

No food but lots of Heroin right there. :freak:

Anorexic and addicted, how fashionable. :cry:

Archived