READ THIS THREAD AND COMMENT...

Evil Clown

• Members

Anyone else notice that few threads are actually anyhting to do with bass guitar and that there is very little actual useful information on bass guitar, playing, equipment, technique, etc...

This forum seems to be about 14-20 yo kids romper room. My observation...

• Members

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner. It's really been a long time since we've had one of these threads! :thu:

I'll do my best to explain, even though there is no reason to. Think of us as a bar, where you go and hang out with your buddies. We talk about whatever. If you've got a bass related question, ask it and you'll get a great answer. :wave:

Otherwise...keep posting these threads to contribute to the OT topics that you're complaining about in the first place. :poke:

• Members

This is a forum of bassists. Sometimes we talk about basses and bassists and shows and music. Other times we talk about attractive ladies and good food and politics and religion. Yet other times, we just sit around and shoot {censored}.

You are more than welcome to post questions/comments/observations that you consider to be "on topic", and if you post your question/comment/observation in a way that foster conversation, you will get responses. But there will always be a whole lot more than just "on topic" going on here, and that is just how it is.

• Members

There's been like 10 of these topics in the past few days too... Which let me tell you, really helps. :rolleyes:

I agree though. We bassists stick to our own little world rather than romping around in open mic (shudder) and such. It's not like there are NO bass related threads, and it's not as if a bass related inquiry would be ignored.

SO THERE :cop:

• Members

Actually... it's not even that bad today. There are a lot of bass-related (and music-related) posts on the 1st page.

But in case you need a little help deciphering our chatter... maybe this'll help:

Here is a thread reminding us to take better precautions with our expensive gear. A burglary can happen to anyone, anywhere:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1804742

This next thread is a reminder to us all to always use good batteries in our active basses and fx pedals:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1806482

This thread is particularly useful for any bands that are planning on going on the road to NYC. Lots of good money-saving tips, and things to watch out for (like the terrible traffic). I mean, the last thing we would want is to get stuck in traffic and not make it to a gig. Or worse, pay more for the travel anrrangements than the club owner is paying.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1806386

• Members

Anyone else notice that few threads are actually anyhting to do with bass guitar and that there is very little actual useful information on bass guitar, playing, equipment, technique, etc...

Ask a gear-related question, and you'll get an answer, pronto.

You want all bass, all the time, go back to TB. :p

• Members

bass players are pretty {censored}ed up in the head, you know? i actually ran over 6 people on my way home today... it is usually more...

That reminds me... I missed the last 2 digits on your license plate cause you sped off so fast.

Could please post them? The cops are bugging me to finish up the accident report.

Thanks!

• CMS Author

I counted 19 out of 36 on-topic threads on page 1 when you posted this.

How many relevent and useful threads have you started?

Archived