flatcat

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also a haircut.

New guitar and bass strings, and picks.

A webcam for my folks.

A Ridgid contractor's portable table saw: $499 at Home Depot, marked down to $299, 10% rebate given to me by the Ridgid rep for it being the floor model, and I paid for it with HD gift cards accumulated over many Christmases. Out-of-pocket cost: $0.00

• Members

Lakland Skyline JO4.

XBox 360 w/ GH 2, tony hawk project 8, madden 07, marvel ultimate alliance, splinter cell double agent, and lego star wars II.

300, dumb and dumber, big daddy, labyrinth, monty python holy grail special edition.

Beer (Birra Moretti, Great White, Phuket)

All in all, a great day for me :thu: (but not so much my pocket book)

• Members

Lakland Skyline JO4.

XBox 360 w/ GH 2, tony hawk project 8, madden 07, marvel ultimate alliance, splinter cell double agent, and lego star wars II.

300, dumb and dumber, big daddy, labyrinth, monty python holy grail special edition.

Beer (Birra Moretti, Great White, Phuket)

All in all, a great day for me
:thu:
(but not so much my pocket book)

Nice :thu:

can't believe you didn't get halo 3 or gears of war though :eek:

• Members

Well, firstly, it came for free with it. Second, I like games like that. I played tony hawk when I skateboarded... I played madden when I was in football... You can say that for a lot of games

Too expensive. The games I bought were all cheapies on sale. I plan on modding it, so I didn't bother vesting too much into games
;)

I ordered Skate for my 360 today. That's the only thing I got.

• Members

I got a ton of stuff from Best Buy.

Sandisk Sansa Clip 2GB for $35

"The 300" collectors edition for $7 (plus one for a friend for Christmas)

Two 2GB SD cards for my camera

Two 2GB Micro SD cards w/ adapters

Gun (for XBox360) for $5

Bioshock for PC for $25

The Orange Box for PC for $25

King Kong for $3

Ballad of Rickey Bobby for $5

Beautiful Mind for $5

Smokin Aces for $5

They were out of the 160GB portable Hard Drive I wanted.

• Members

Tried to talk myself into a car, just can't find one I like. Normally, I sort of "un-shop" myself out of cars, until one gets to me enough that I'm ready to let that path collide with the need for a new buggy. This time, since somebody tried using my lane from the opposite direction and at the same time, I have no choice but to buy. But I haven't nearly talked myself into anything. And having just bought one home, and needing to throw a few grand into this one before selling it, I just can't seem to talk myself into buying. But I have to, 'cuz the rental's on me soon.

See, I was going to buy new or nearly new, and really nice, in about 6 or so months, after this place is sold and all the finances are solid. I'm just not prepared to do this purchase right now.

• Members

Went to Guitar Center early this morning, mainly to check out possible deals on used equipment.

Also wanted in on the drawing for the entire Led Zepp catalog on CD -- you had to be there and register prior to 8 a.m. (didn't win it, but my chances weren't too bad since there were only about 50-60 peeps in line, and not all of them registered for the drawing).

SO . . . I walked out with an excellent condition, like new Squier Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz for $159+tax (was priced at $225). I deal with the same sales guy every time I shop there -- he's given me some great deals with no hassle or BS compared with other staff, so I keep making my purchases through him, which he appreciates; works well for both of us!

Only issue with it I see so far is scratches on the (ebonal) fretboard from bending those RW strings; worst marks are under the E string; fortunately not noticeable unless you're right up on it. That would normally keep me from buying one with that kinda damage since I AM right up on it, but the price was made right so I went for it. Nice and smooth silky neck; beautiful body with only light scuffs on the edge in two places and a pinhead-sized finish dimple out of sight on the lower edge.

I :love: it so far and am surprised how easy and fun it is to play . . . thought it would be a Real Challenge (this is the first fretless I've spent more than three minutes with). Sounds sweet to me with those Duncan-designed pickups although I've read several reviews and comments that they weren't so good; I assume they're the same ones as in the VM 70's Jazz, which I already own and love.

This VM Squier unit seems worthy of the glowing reviews and comments I've read about them (I've had my eye on the fretless so I really didn't hesitate to go for it; although I wasn't truly gassing for it yet).

• Members

I got nothing.

Turns out that the 20% off sale at GC only applies to stuff that is *in the store*. What I wanted was mail order, and that didn't count. Web advert didn't say that, but it doesn't matter.

So I got up @ 6 for nothing. (Didn't even win a redundant set of Zed Lepplin Cds)

Oh well.

Archived