So....Black Friday....what'dja get?

flatcat

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Warwick Thumb 5 BO...it's cool! I got it for a deal and a half too. It's got a broken truss rod though, so I'm looking into fixing or replacing the neck. I might try to fix it, cause I can always replace the neck if I break it more!

T shirts & gloves...

Thats all!

And the Hartford GC doesn't have that electric upright anymore...I was there the other day. If you ever do go there, talk to Rob...he's a manage...tell him you know Dave and he'll hook you up...especially if you spend some money and go back to him. He's good people!

• Members

Hey Guitargod, thanks for that. I have to tell you, I was really impressed with that little GC. I mean, I walked into the acoustic room and the kid that worked there was in there CHANGING THE STRINGS on all the instruments. I've been in three other greater Boston area GCs where it was impossible to tell what a guitar sounded like because the condition of the strings was so bad.

It was plugged into a Markbass head. It sounded yummy. :)

Anyhow - I'll drive down there if I have to, I can't stand the GC in Natick; the GC in Millbury is...meh.

• Members

Did any of you wait in line before your store of choice opened? Looks like some of you got some smokin' deals (dig the TV Jugghaid - how much?), but how were the crowds?

I slept in so I missed the whole hullabaloo. I read the ad circulars and didn't see a whole lot that isn't replicated by Slickdeals.net finds during the year. Best Buy did have a really cheap PC for sale though. Granted it was an eMachines (Celeron, DVDRW drive, 160 gig HD, Windows Vista Basic) cheapie, but it did include a 17" LCD monitor and a Canon inkjet printer for $199. Not a ballsy machine but a good deal for someone who doesn't have a PC and just wants to surf the web and do word processing.

The darndest thing is, if you want one of the "door buster" deals around here, you have to camp out 'cause they only have like six per store or whatnot. I ain't doin' that.

• Members

Daughter decided we needed to go to WalMart :rolleyes: so I bought a set of RCA cables. She bought two Christmas gifts, but I passed. All I need is to buy wifey something and I'm done.

No, I didn't get up early and stand in line. Some stores around here opened at 4:00 a.m.

• Members

Well i waited till after all the idiots thinned out.

At Best Buy, i got Guitar Hero III (black guitar for PS2) Ratatouille and Shrek 3.

Went to my local (next 2 towns over) music store and got the youngest a Fender G-dec jr. http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=2351000000 , a sheetmusic stand, and 10 weeks of lessons.

And i knowd i wasn't gone leave tills i got myself sumpin'...a Planet Waves 5ft. speakon/speakon cable.

Did someone say discount? lets just say...uh huh.

The lessons i haven't paid for or chose a time slot for yet, but got a waiver on registration fees...yada, yada.

All of the above is for the little guy so far :thu: plus i got him some fornesic science type skull reconstruction kits...

The 2 older boys (young adults) want Laptops...i'm gonna burn their asses by doing this...put a few pounds of weight of some sort inside of one for each of these and wrap em up all nice and neat with a layaway pickup ticket for real laptops.

0103np293.jpg

minus the food of course

• Members

I got screwed, cause I had to sub out a gig, and talk to stupid people all night at Wal- Mart!

:D

:(

Dude that must have been a nightmare... I try to be on my best behavior when I'm shopping on black friday, because of all the stupid people the retailers deal with.

My loot, purchased at Best buy, Target and Borders. I got it for less than 50% retail.

Walk the Line

Alien triple pack (I, II and III)

Hot Fuzz

Knocked Up

The Good Shepherd

House of Flying Daggers

300 S.E.

Ghostbusters box set

Six Feet Under Season 1

The Office Season 2

I only do DVDs on Black Friday. I consider videogames, but nothing really jumped out at me.

• Members

I went to GC. Dissapointing. They had the Deluxe Tele that I've been wanting for a long time. But I think they marked up the price to avoid taking too bad of a 20% off hit. After having played an immaculate used one just like it in a different GC last year that was going for 999, I couldn't see it being worth the 1299 they were asking for it...even with the 20% coupon, no deal. They had a 2004 Ric hollow body, but it, too was priced at around 1300bones. It was the one with the dot inlays, not the triangles. I couldn't bring myself to take my mittens off and even pick it up. The Tele was about 17 feet up on a rack, so with no sales folks even remotely free, I didn't have a chance to fall in love with that one again. Thankfully. Over in the bass section, they had a crap-load of Mark Bass stuff. Good-looking gear, there. Again, I was too tired, hypoglycemic, and GC-jaded to really plug anything in and try it out. The lines were, of course, so long that I didn't even bother to get in line and get a set of strings.

I went over to the grocery/department store and picked up some Christmas lights, deodorant, paper towels, pumpkin spice, and Laughing Cow cheese.

:yawn:

Sorry if you took time out of your day to read this. :D

• Members

I went to GC. Dissapointing. They had the Deluxe Tele that I've been wanting for a long time. But I think they marked up the price to avoid taking too bad of a 20% off hit. After having played an immaculate used one just like it in a different GC last year that was going for 999, I couldn't see it being worth the 1299 they were asking for it...even with the 20% coupon, no deal. They had a 2004 Ric hollow body, but it, too was priced at around 1300bones. It was the one with the dot inlays, not the triangles. I couldn't bring myself to take my mittens off and even pick it up. The Tele was about 17 feet up on a rack, so with no sales folks even remotely free, I didn't have a chance to fall in love with that one again. Thankfully. Over in the bass section, they had a crap-load of Mark Bass stuff. Good-looking gear, there. Again, I was too tired, hypoglycemic, and GC-jaded to really plug anything in and try it out. The lines were, of course, so long that I didn't even bother to get in line and get a set of strings.

I went over to the grocery/department store and picked up some Christmas lights, deodorant, paper towels, pumpkin spice, and Laughing Cow cheese.

:yawn:

Sorry if you took time out of your day to read this.
:D

I did the same thing... I went in, looked around, and realized even with 20% there really weren't any good deals. I saw two used epiphani and bag end cabinets, and sat there looking like an idiot for 30 minutes trying to grab a sales associate to find out the price (neither had tags)... So when the 3rd person came up to me asking if I worked there, I decided I'd had enough and left. Their loss.

Archived