So I asked my 6-year old what he wants for Xmas...

Hearafter

• Members

"A tuba" :freak:

I suggested a guitar and an amp, so that he'll stop banging mine around. "Oh yeah, that too." he said.

So, my question is still this: What should I get him? Should I just get some POS "First Act" guitar and amp? Keep in mind, he's 6... and likes to break things. Suggestions?

P.S. he's not getting a tuba.

• Members

My nephews love to play drums, and each of them is between 5 to 7 years old , also they are charmed with breaking things, thats why I think that a drum set is perfect,i do not think that he will estimate a guitar

I've got a good drum kit that I let him play on... I just want to get him a guitar so that he doesn't break mine. :poke:

• Members

How about this: you rent him a tuba and pay for lessons and if he decides to stick with it, eventually get him the tuba?

No.

#1, Isn't a French horn just a small tuba? A 'Tubette' as Rowka put it.

#2, who even plays tubas? The fat nerd in the marching band, that's who.

#3, I'm not renting something that little Carly Coldsore has been slobbering all over.

Thanks, though.

• Members

No.

No.

#3, I'm not renting something that little Carly Coldsore has been slobbering all over.

Thanks, though.

Marching bands almost always use sousaphones instead of tubas.

Besides, Carly Coldsore might be hawt. :freak:

• Members

I'm starting to lean this way... but I'd really like to get a complete package deal (with a case and a strap, etc) I'm still not sold either way.

You're nearly better off buying seperate sometimes. Some of the stuff in those kits can be pure rubbish. Pick up something like a roland microcube or even a little marshall practice amp.

• Members

No.

No.

Thanks, though.

:mad:

Pat Sheridan plays tuba, thats who!:mad:

Oh, get him an Olds Ambassador trumpet/cornet. If he digs that, he can dig other brass later.

Otherwise, there are usually Squier packs on Ebay with a little amp/strap/cable/some other {censored}.

Archived