How many basses do HCBFers own?

ModmanQ6

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why do you guys keep subtracting basses? you either have them or you don't...that "well i won't have it tomorrow" {censored} don't count (christ, it be a never ending cluster{censored} at the rate some guys turn over basses).

So do you have it or are you lying? :mad:

• Members

Why do you guys keep subtracting basses? you either have them or you don't...that "well i won't have it tomorrow" {censored} don't count (christ, it be a never ending cluster{censored} at the rate some guys turn over basses).

So do you have it or are you lying?
:mad:

Maybe someone contributed previously, we are up over 700 and it's been collecting for some time. But now they no longer own that bass, reducing the count. It's an up to date list, not an "here's the grand total of everything we've ever owned" list.

In fact, one poster even subtracted one and said who here now owns it, and if he chooses to add his basses to this thread, that one will get added back in.

• Members

Maybe someone contributed previously, we are up over 700 and it's been collecting for some time. But now they no longer own that bass, reducing the count. It's an up to date list, not an "here's the grand total of everything we've ever owned" list.

In fact, one poster even subtracted one and said who here now owns it, and if he chooses to add his basses to this thread, that one will get added back in.

"RUN, SEE SPOT RUN" "TIM HAS A RED BALL"

WTF? is ESL your Major? Doing the "well i sold one and bought 2" {censored}...where's your count going to end? :poke:

• Members

"RUN, SEE SPOT RUN" "TIM HAS A RED BALL"

WTF? is ESL your Major? Doing the "well i sold one and bought 2" {censored}...where's your count going to end? :poke:

Ok, setting aside all of your feeble attempts at insulting me, what exactly wasn't clear about my explanation? Sounds to me like the only one here who can't comprehend basic concepts like grade one math is you.

If 5 people each own one instrument, "we" collectively own 5.

If one person then sells one instrument, then one must be subtracted and "we" own 4.

But someone else joins in and says that they now own that instrument that was previously subtracted, bringing "our" count back up to 5 again.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

• Members

Ok, setting aside all of your feeble attempts at insulting me, what exactly wasn't clear about my explanation? Sounds to me like the only one here who can't comprehend basic concepts like grade one math is you.

If 5 people each own one instrument, "we" collectively own 5.

If one person then sells one instrument, then one must be subtracted and "we" own 4.

But someone else joins in and says that they now own that instrument that was previously subtracted, bringing "our" count back up to 5 again.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

I have no problem with math, hence the reason for my ESL comment. Reading comprehension apparently escapes some peeps. So how you going to get this accurate or even approximate measurement?

Like in my other post about the turnover rate...should one count a bass they are going to sell at the time of their posting? yes, because they haven't sold it yet...now 2 days from now should they post back -1...no, because they already posted. If thats not enough for ya, where would someone such as Jugghaid fit? should he count the basses he gets for the sole purpose of selling? I mean "where does it end?" and "whats the count?"

To settle it all here's the most accurate description: HCBF has a bass count that fluctuates between one and infinity. :rolleyes:

• Members

I technically own 1 or 2 depending on how you look at it.

My house was broken into last summer and the MIA J my mom got me for X-mas 99' was kifed, along with the air conditioner, the laundry quarters and all my empty Heineken bottles (a lot!). It was my only bass at the time.

Luckily the homeowners insurance gave me $1025 to get a new bass, A EBMM Stingray that i put an EMG pickup, wired to 18V in and gutted so it only has a volume knob (what can i say i have to mod all my stuff so that it fits me). My Jazz was eventually found and Im told that after the trial ill get it back and get to keep the Ray, the insurance company will go after the perps for the cash.

So yeah, 1 at my house, 1 in the evidence locker.

• Members

I have no problem with math, hence the reason for my ESL comment. Reading comprehension apparently escapes some peeps. So how you going to get this accurate or even approximate measurement?

Like in my other post about the turnover rate...should one count a bass they are going to sell at the time of their posting? yes, because they haven't sold it yet...now 2 days from now should they post back -1...no, because they already posted. If thats not enough for ya, where would someone such as Jugghaid fit? should he count the basses he gets for the sole purpose of selling? I mean "where does it end?" and "whats the count?"

To settle it all here's the most accurate description: HCBF has a bass count that fluctuates between one and infinity.
:rolleyes:

The simple solution is that if you don't care to follow along, don't. I didn't start this thread, nor do I care to police it any further from dip{censored}s like you who have nothing better to do than complain about the people who actually are contributing in a positive manner.

It's an ongoing thing, IF someone posts to add a bass and later they sell it and THEY choose to keep it accurate by adding a -1, good on them. Why are they not allowed too? Just because you have spoken?

IF Jugghaid decides to update it with every bass he buys just to sell, that's his call, not mine, nor do I care, so long as he updates later on. Where does it say that you can only post once and you are committed for life? No updates allowed? IF he cares to keep it up to date on that, it's his perogative.

You are taking this FAR too seriously, it's just hte interwebz, drink some beer, take some amphetamines and chill out.

The OP had an idea to know how many total basses are owned by contributing members here. It has since become an ongoing up to the minute type of thing for us all. I added in mine already, and that number WILL go down when I sell a few things I have listed in the classifieds. Then it WILL go up again when I buy my fretless. Unless of course, I trade straight across, then no update is required because the number didn't actually change. And if you don't want to hear that I, or anyone else sold something to affect the total count in a descending manner, you can always opt out of reading these from here on in. You won't be missed. :wave:

• Members

The simple solution is that if you don't care to follow along, don't. I didn't start this thread, nor do I care to police it any further from dip{censored}s like you who have nothing better to do than complain about the people who actually are contributing in a positive manner.

It's an ongoing thing, IF someone posts to add a bass and later they sell it and THEY choose to keep it accurate by adding a -1, good on them. Why are they not allowed too? Just because you have spoken?

IF Jugghaid decides to update it with every bass he buys just to sell, that's his call, not mine, nor do I care, so long as he updates later on. Where does it say that you can only post once and you are committed for life? No updates allowed? IF he cares to keep it up to date on that, it's his perogative.

You are taking this FAR too seriously, it's just hte interwebz, drink some beer, take some amphetamines and chill out.

The OP had an idea to know how many total basses are owned by contributing members here. It has since become an ongoing up to the minute type of thing for us all. I added in mine already, and that number WILL go down when I sell a few things I have listed in the classifieds. Then it WILL go up again when I buy my fretless. Unless of course, I trade straight across, then no update is required because the number didn't actually change. And if you don't want to hear that I, or anyone else sold something to affect the total count in a descending manner, you can always opt out of reading these from here on in. You won't be missed.
:wave:

So in your skewed thinking, this thread/bass count is never ending...how quaint.

And informative. :rolleyes:

• Members

So in your skewed thinking, this thread/bass count is never ending...how quaint.

And informative.
:rolleyes:

Well, since dozens of people have contributed to this thread, over 10 pages now and counting, I'd say that every last one of us here except for you has skewed thinking by your logic.

Why does it have to end? Why can't this just become the new thread killer? :idea:

If you want a precise count of every last member here, a snapshot of this moment to be vaulted away for all time, you go right ahead and PM us all. In the mean time, this list will evolve, sucks to be you. :poke:

Archived