• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why?

1. Main gigging bass fretted: SR5

2. Backup gigging bass fretted: Schecter diamond stiletto 5

3. Gigging bass 5 string fretless: Spector Czech Rebop 5

4. Basement practice franken 5 stringer: Warmoth body, Allparts neck, EMGDC40 pups

5. EADG 4 stringer: Franken jazz 4

6. BEGC 4 stringer: Fullerton bass (and it only cost 35 bucks)

7. BEAD 4 stringer: Japanese/canadian kluge from the '60s

8. Decent acoustic bass for jams and acoustic gigs

9. {censored}ty acoustic bass for camping trips

Again, WHY? Like I said one fretted and one fretless should do the trick. OK, maybe an acoustic one for those acoustic gigs. Why have one just because it reminds you of another one? I guess if you have nothing else to spend your money on.

Well, for the last 20+ years I have found it a best practice to always bring a spare bass to gigs, just in case. And I have used the spares a few times -- strings break, batteries die, drunks slam into the tuners and bend them... you never know... its good to have that spare to plug in between songs (or during a song), so the crowd doesn't have to watch you change a string.

I also enjoy playing in different tunings. It's good practice. Thats why I have these 3:

5. EADG 4 stringer: Franken jazz 4

6. BEGC 4 stringer: Fullerton bass (and it only cost 35 bucks)

7. BEAD 4 stringer: Japanese/canadian kluge from the '60s

• Members

Again, WHY? Like I said one fretted and one fretless should do the trick. OK, maybe an acoustic one for those acoustic gigs. Why have one just because it reminds you of another one? I guess if you have nothing else to spend your money on.

Why? Speaking for myself...I saw it, I wanted it, I bought it(X25).

Now, my question to you. Why do you care how may basses someone owns? Why would ANYONE care?

Archived